• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Damage to swords

Captain_Ling

Landlubber
Anyone know how to turn off or reduce the damage that the swords take? I was just able to buy a nice sword and after two large battles it's no longer 'fine' but 'worn'. Any help would be great, thank you

C.Ling

<!--quoteo(post=146961:date=Apr 29 2006, 09:53 PM:name=Captain_Ling)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Captain_Ling @ Apr 29 2006, 09:53 PM) [snapback]146961[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Anyone know how to turn off or reduce the damage that the swords take? I was just able to buy a nice sword and after two large battles it's no longer 'fine' but 'worn'. Any help would be great, thank you

C.Ling
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Edit Buildsettings.h in PROGRAM folder, and tweak these entries:

<i>//**********PB BLADEDAMAGE MOD********************************************************
#define BLADEDAMAGE_ENABLED 1 // Enables or disabled this mod. Please note: this mod doesn't work well without the weapons mod enabled!
#define BLADEDAMAGE_BASE 50 // This increases the amount of strokes you can CERTAINLY do without your blade breaking
#define BLADEDAMAGE_RAND 50 // This increases the amount of strokes you MIGHT BE ABLE to do without your blade breaking

</i>

HTH

This is a mod that I made, but it hasn't been balanced yet, so that explains why your blade gets damaged so quickly. You can use the settings that Kblack shows in his post to either decrease the damage or to turn off the mod completely. I would recommend not turning the mod off completely, but you should increase the BASE and RAND parameters. Increasing the BASE parameter will make sure your blade won't damage so quickly, while the RAND parameter does the same, but with an uncertainty. Your blade might not damage so quickly. Both settings need to be adjusted. We still need to figure out some settings that are good for gameplay, so that your blade will get damaged every now and then, but not too often. You can also increase your blade's quality again by going to a blacksmith. You do have to pay for that. You pay out of your personal wealth by default and not out of your crew's money. You get personal wealth from land granted by a governor. You can toggle that in BuildSettings.h as well.

<!--quoteo(post=147011:date=Apr 30 2006, 04:33 AM:name=Pieter Boelen)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pieter Boelen @ Apr 30 2006, 04:33 AM) [snapback]147011[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
This is a mod that I made, but it hasn't been balanced yet, so that explains why your blade gets damaged so quickly. You can use the settings that Kblack shows in his post to either decrease the damage or to turn off the mod completely. I would recommend not turning the mod off completely, but you should increase the BASE and RAND parameters. Increasing the BASE parameter will make sure your blade won't damage so quickly, while the RAND parameter does the same, but with an uncertainty. Your blade might not damage so quickly. Both settings need to be adjusted. We still need to figure out some settings that are good for gameplay, so that your blade will get damaged every now and then, but not too often. You can also increase your blade's quality again by going to a blacksmith. You do have to pay for that. You pay out of your personal wealth by default and not out of your crew's money. You get personal wealth from land granted by a governor. You can toggle that in BuildSettings.h as well.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thank you gents, and BTW. GREAT MODS. Just when I think I'm getting tired of this game you all go and make it so much better than the last time. I thank you for your time and tallents.

Kevin (cpt.Ling)

Back