• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Damn cannons, damn forts = Damsel in distress

MissLiviaLuck

Landlubber
:x
Greetings everyone...
I am MOST vexed. Annoying, stupid game. I can't get rid of the bloody cannons at the forts in the first mission. Is there a clever way to deal with this?
I get squished if I am to close, I get shot to bits if I'm doing a `sail-by`-gunning and I do not have a hefty amount of success with the `sneak-attack` possibility either.

Please assist! Much obliged.

Arr! Welcome tew our fair forum MissLiviaLuck! Fred Bob be a greetin' ye! :cheeky

Aye, takin' townes in Tortuga be fairly tedious indeed! Check out de follerin' thread on dat same subject, especially de post by Halenthal! :cheers

http://www.`ascaron-forum`.com//sh...sb=5&o=&fpart=1

When ye sack de towne, come by de Blind Parrot Tavern fer a rum on ol' Fred Bob! :cheers

aHA

Thank you very much, I'm certain the information provided will be useful. I'll take my chances with the Pensacola bloody fort come daybreak!!!

:cheers

A technique I used was to always be sailing with the wind when coming into firing range. Rather tedious pulling away and going slowly back to the "starting position" for each run, but if you don't do that you're pretty much a sitting duck.

You can only capture cities that you have been requested to annex, otherwise you just loot them. To capture or loot them, as far as I can remember, you just need to destroy all the turrets. Once they are all gone you've automatically won.

Back