• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Dastardly port authorities...

carmenara

Pandora's Kitten
Storm Modder
Dear pirates,

I seem to have a game-stopping issue on hand, as I'm one to frequently pick on stragglers in other peoples' naval arguments and filch them away as prize ships... or at least, I wish to!

Seems like every time I try to sell a ship in the 'yard, I get barred from leaving port forever. Now I can use fast travel to get to the deck of my other ship and access "Sea" that way, but that merely results in a flashing black screen and eternal nothingness.

Ideas?

That's indeed all I can think of.
Make sure that the ship you select for selling is actually the PRIZE ship and not your own.

Can't go wrong, I've been pirating for ages (and recently rediscovered this ol' gem!) *

Yes, I sell the prize galleon or whatever I have in the No 2 companion slot. It doesn't matter whether I remove her cargo or captain or strip & berth & sell, the Port fast travel, and the port "exit" itself at the pier will be instantly disabled.

I did further testing and found that I was unable to use any Shipyard because pfft, even buying a new boat for me bans me from sailing! Once, the Port feature got blanked out from window shopping, which makes me pretty leery of it...

I will try out the Pirate Shipyard at San Salvador shortly, because trying to board an MCS with a 'fishing' ketch is akin to suicide. (For the record I'm playing Bartholomew's campaign). Salvador gives me hope in avoiding this bug for the launch to sea portal is separate from the town itself.

Oh and I appreciate the fast response!

* I'm running Alpha 10 with Fix 3

That's not good. Can anybody confirm that?
And be sure to check in F2>Ship if you really DO still have a ship. :wacko:

Back