• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Davy Jones storm problem

magicscreenman

Landlubber
This is with patch 2: After the burning of the wicked wench, the storm sequence plays out, and when the davy jones sequence loads, everything is really dark. almost as if there's a really heavy fog that follows you everywhere you go, and when i try to go to sea, the screen just whites out.

This is with patch 2: After the burning of the wicked wench, the storm sequence plays out, and when the davy jones sequence loads, everything is really dark. almost as if there's a really heavy fog that follows you everywhere you go, and when i try to go to sea, the screen just whites out.

Yes, that's correct - it is a HEAVY fog. I think someone was experimenting and got carried away. :rofl

If you go to 1st person you can just about see enough to walk up and down the deck.

The quickest way to get rid of the fog is to use world map to sail out to sea a short way then go back to direct sail and the Fog should be gone.

Yes, that's correct - it is a HEAVY fog. I think someone was experimenting and got carried away. :rofl
That someone would be me. :wp
And that's the exact truth of it. :rofl
Seriously, I added a "super fog" weather to be used in that scene to hide Davy Jones' actual look until later.

The intent is to make the scene more dream-like and have Jack questioning whether he didn't imagine half of it.
That would explain why Jack doesn't seem so fussed about that debt of his during CotBP;
he only finds out afterwards that it is indeed for real.

But indeed the fog is waaay overdone when you set sail again and in my game version I have already restored the fog to normal
after the shore encounter when you set sail. This will be included in the next patch.
In the meantime, as soon as you reload to the worldmap, everything should go back to normal.

Back