• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Days out not resetting

Wolve

Sailor
Howdy!

I have a slight issue with the days out not resetting when entering a port and sleeping at the tavern for the night. Currently at 177 days out (and counting) and the morale of my ships is starting to drop like a brick to the point of having all my ships rebel against me. I had the issue of jumping around on the world map prior to the even (as far as I can tell) where I was chasing enemy ships around bonaire and ended up near Jamaica. I also have berthed a ship somewhere. Is any of these events a possible cause of the days out not resetting? And is there a way to manually reset the days out in the console? Else I fear I have to start a new game as I noticed the issue late and all my saves are having it :\

Cheers!

My guess is that you have signed articles. You are supposed to pay the crew by dividing the plunder, and you haven't done so.

When you pay by salary, the days out counter is from last time you left port. When you pay by dividing plunder, it counts from the last time you divided the plunder, or from the day you signed articles if you have not paid the crew since. 90 days out, the crew will start getting restless but good leadership will keep them in order, for a while. After about 120 - 150 days, you really ought to think about splitting the loot with the crew. At 177 days, no wonder they're upset!

Update: while I was typing that, you were finding out for yourself. :D

Ok, I found how to fix it! My bad. Maybe add in the Q&A how to divide the plunder to reset the days out?
I thought it was explained in the dialogs or interfaces somewhere?
Wasn't it?

Back