• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

DEAD END

Long John

Landlubber
I was wondering just how the new skill system is working, so i asked malcolm about it... and then i ended up in a dead end... no matter which skill i asked about he was quiet, and i got back to the list of skills I could ask about... there was no thing to say that would return me to the former set of dialogues, and I had to quit the game...

also when fighting malcolm in the beginning i used to gain myself a few levels to begin with, since I tend to run into some very big ships quite early and get beaten by them if I havent got some levels firsthand, but doing this i can only get to level 2... is there any way to get some more levels quickly or alter my starting level, like before in the buildsettings.h file????

Hmm I haven't played the build in ages but if I remember right (correct me if I'm wrong) You can only get to level 2 from the he doesn't fight back sword fight. to gain more levels you need to fight him when he fights back. I wouldn't know about the new skill system you mentioned.

In alpha7 buildsettings.h is now buildsettings.dat, it should work the same way, just open it with notepad.

Back