• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Deadly rain

Navegador

Sailor Apprentice
Hello every one,

I'm having growing stability problems and beleave its linkeed to rain and weather.
I'm playing GOF 2.0.8 right now, but had the same problem with GOF 1.1 and 1.2.

The biggest dificulty is in the coas part of the game, when the character walks around on the ships, outside on the decks of ships and its raining, the game crashs constantly, especially in the beginning and end of the coas lost city part of the quest when there's the two big storms and it rains a lot, if the character swims the game remains stable.

Now playing with GOF 2.0.8 I'm having crashs in towns, some times in boarding actions as well, every time that rain is present.

As any one had the same problem?

Hello Navigador,

Good to still see you around.

I have heard people complain about this before but have wondered if it could be hardware/configuration problems, because I've never had a problem with lagging or crashing on my machine. :shrug

MK

I used to have BIG problems with CM 3.2 under Windows 7 during CoAS quest. Game crashed immediately after loading.
I had to use my backup Windows XP system to complete CoAS quest.

GoF 1.2 is more stable, crashed only several times during this quest, that is normal ;)
Try to set start.exe in WinXP-compatibility mode. Of course it'll brake "Sail to" option, but during CoAS quest it doesn't matter :)

Hello every one,

I'm having growing stability problems and beleave its linkeed to rain and weather.
I'm playing GOF 2.0.8 right now, but had the same problem with GOF 1.1 and 1.2.

The biggest dificulty is in the coas part of the game, when the character walks around on the ships, outside on the decks of ships and its raining, the game crashs constantly, especially in the beginning and end of the coas lost city part of the quest when there's the two big storms and it rains a lot, if the character swims the game remains stable.

Now playing with GOF 2.0.8 I'm having crashs in towns, some times in boarding actions as well, every time that rain is present.

As any one had the same problem?

Do you have the game your playing installed to the programs directory?

Games that are built for earlier opperarting systems tend to work better outside of the programs folders for the laster opperarting systems, such as Vista, windows 7 and 8. My game is outside of the programs folder and i have never had it crash durring or after a storm, let alone when it rains. Just to test this out for yourself, go to where you installed the game and copy the age of pirates 2 folder and paste it onto the desktop or where ever (as long as its not in any programs folder) and then try loading the game from there and see how it plays when ir rains.

Hello guys,

MK, good to still be around

I thought of hardware too, but I've played GOF 1.1 and 1.2 in two PC's at least and had the same problem with rain in coas, and it started just after GOF 1.1, its strange, with combined mod 3.5 there was no problem at all. Now playing GOF 2.0.8 it happens in coas and in towns and ship decks when boarding some times. Besids this the game is completly stable.

bna, I know, coas was always complicated, but with combined mod 3.5 I remenber playing in a more stable way, there seemed to be less crashs, its strange. After that inicial storm in coas the game stays very stable.

Luke159, no mate, I know of that problem and never instal on the programs directory. I have it installed in my main drive/disc but outside of programs directory and I do this with other older games as well. I'll try playing as you say, from differente locations.

MK, by the way, I'm very much looking foward to playing your "Eras mod" :onya

Thanks Navegador,

Always good to see a friendly familiar face.

That's a real mystery to me. I used to have problems with the storms when I played old Age of Pirates 1: Caribbean Tales.

I would try doing so quirky unconventional things now.

Put the game file on the desktop. Take your computer offline and deactivate your AV/firewall only while you play the game.

The storms are memory intensive, so temporarily deactivate any RAM robbing processes while you play.

Sorry I can't help more.

GOF Eras will be out very soon. Hopefully it won't give you the same problem. Glad you want to play it!

MK

Back