• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Debugger - Locator

jmaverick

Sailor
:rolleyes: Hi, I read here and there about a mysterious 'Locator' (related to a debugger), which shows you by colored spots where objects are. Now, I know Dev Mod and how to activate and use it, but I do not understand if Locator is one of the dev mode functions. Could someone please explain this topic? How to activate it? How to use it? Thx :onya

Load game then Press F11 -- at bottom right of screen is button -> Installations

Select this and get a screen with 9 buttons -- 4th one is LocatorShow - click that ( puts a green tick next to the button ) - then exit by X at top right

You should now see all the coloured locators in the game.

To remove Locators do the above to remove the Green Tick .

:beer

:onya Thank you very much. I tried to see what happens: with Locator Show I see a number of colored balls (semi-sphere) all around, all with 'titles' (go to, merchant, .....) can you explain the meaning? Thx

:onya Thank you very much. I tried to see what happens: with Locator Show I see a number of colored balls (semi-sphere) all around, all with 'titles' (go to, merchant, .....) can you explain the meaning? Thx

Locators are where actions can be triggered or objects ( including People ) can be placed - used by programmers & modders to create the game

They are the places where things can be put by the game (eg chests to be opened,-- items on the ground to be picked up etc )
So if there is some object that you need to find in the game & it is small and difficult to see ( eg A key or a jewel ) - if you use show locators then you will see all the locators in a place and all you have to do is check each of them to find the object you are looking for.

Locators - such as those at doors or gates - are used as the trigger points for moving from one location to another ( activating the loading screen or bringing up the icon to get the player to activate the reload to the next location ).

Locators are used as places on which NPC's start when a location is loaded - and points they can walk between.

They can also be trigger points for actions to happen ( eg when you arrive at a port - you walk up the jetty and the soldier at the end talks to you ). This happens because you have walked into a locator that triggers this action.
Or when you want to go to your ship - you go to the end of the jetty and there is a locator there which enables you to reload to your ship.

Hope this helps :cheers

Thank you, now it's much clearer. So, if for instance I'm looking for the Mummy Powder or the Ascold's tablet how can I take advantage of the Locator? Go to a specific location, activate the Locater and see what it shows? Thx

:rolleyes: You've been very kind, thank you.I beg your pardon but I try to use again your patiance. There are some items I do not understand the meaning of some items
I've seen, choosing 'Installations':
1. Quest line national- (which is already flagged as default) if I de-select it would it makeit possible to run all the national quests with the same PG?
2. BetaTestMode - I do not get it since I'm already in debug mode.
and In the main menu
F7 Give next line quest I Tried this but apparently nothing happens
F17 quest list to PCHAR what does it mean?
F25 Reload locations - for Calls ??
F28 To start FD to map ??
Is it feasable that you (or some other mate) publish a short guide concerning Dev Mode? I mean some explainations concerning what happens when you choose an option.
Thx, take care mate :doff

Sorry I don't know the answers to your questions - I only use this to turn on God mode ( to get me through the some of the fights ) and Locators - for when I become frustrated at not finding something.

Hopefully someone else will know what the other buttons do - I think most of them are tools to enable the creators of the game to create it. :nk

I think if you disable "Nation Questlines" you can't do none of them, but haven't had a chance to properly test it, so I'm not sure.

Give next quest line gives you next quest in national quest line (If I remember right, I used it couple of times to see what happens and got from not starting quest line to 3rd quest - but it was a while ago, and you do have to have letter of marque for it to work).

Reload location - Tried that in sail mode couple of time - it takes you to the "center" (I think) of that location - tried it when I started a game as spanish and english punitive expedition intercepted me just off coast of guadalupe, tried to escape using it but I ended up just infront of the fort with my little sloop. Needless to say, ship went to the ground in like 3 shots :)

For rest I have no idea.

Back