• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Deposit at "Colony" has been lost

FireBat

Landlubber
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
So I have gotten into the habit of leaving deposits at all allied colonies. Unfortuantly I received a message telling me that my Deposit at "Colony" has been lost.
Is this as a result of a time limit, or is it possibly another factor.

If it is a time limit factor, I would like to remove them. I have tried finding the appropriate files, but as of late, no luck :shrug

When a town is attacked any money you left there in with the money lender for that town will be lost. Not a new feature or a bug, its the enemy looting the town.

omg...i forgot that the town could be looted....duh! I feel sooooo stupid..again.

Ooch, could have been worse though but still its alot too loose more so now with the weight of goods increased and cargo holds reduced making it harder to make money through trade.

Ya, I've decided to carry all my money with me now, The interest be damned. I still have just the one ship (The Black Pearl...arg) And in the process of fully upgrading that. I am happy with the mod so far. I don't see where more tweaking could be needed.

Might be able to release it tommorrow night..

That is good news, i look forward to seeing your changes ingame. :will

I'm sure there are some towns that your money can't be taken from i think its the main towns where the general govener is. :shrug

If only that was possible, like it was in Port Royal 2. In fact there are things in that game that would have made COAS a far greater game, PR2 was based more around trade which was nice and in order to take towns you had to weaken the military convoy's for that nation to a stage where they was too weak to defend all the towns they owned. But also by taking towns off them you reduced the total military convoy's that nation could have, although they could have as many armed ships they couldn't have as many military convoy's as they liked. And when you took a town you could build things like production sites that would produce rum, food etc so you could trade the goods making profit all the time. However there was a catch, you couldn't just attack and capture a town you had to capture so many towns for a nation before you would be granted to capture one for yourself. The game was very indepth in how it was all setup. I guess thats why even today its a popular game.

This is one of the reasons i wanted to make the cargo holds smaller, and increase the weight of goods. To make trading tougher but more fun, later in the game in the stock version you had so much money you couldn't do anything with it, you was alway's looking for some where to stash it all. Hopefully the new changes we've both made will reduce that and make it more fun. In real life it was tough to get any where, for example it would be nice to be able to sign a contact with a towns govener to be a merchantman for that town, then you are given a list of goods the town requires and a list of goods the town will use to trade for those goods. You get paid not buy the trade you do but by how much your contact say's you are paid. And you are paid weekly not every day. Now that would massively make the game more fun and bring a more realistic side to been a merchant for a nation.

Yea, that would add an awsome element to the game. Its too bad I didnt have a group of slave coders in my basement.
"DO MY BIDDING, or i'll take away your diet of fish heads" xD:

Back