• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Deputy Problem

Mr.Gibbs

Landlubber
I've completed Morgan's quest and after that i have captured Fort Orange for myself and apointed my officer as my deputy. Before I left the town i talked to him and asked about taxes, he said: ''I have collected 740 coins of taxes each day for 0 days.''
Then I left and came back a month later to collect taxes and he wasn't there! I can't find him anywhere! I looked in residence,tavern,every house in that little town and he isn't there!
Is that a bug or what?
Sorry for my bad english :) thanks!

Maybe he's out pirating and raiding. I have noticed that the pirate chief is not always in his little residence when you go to other pirate towns. Maybe you should leave and come back after a few days.

I almost never play as a pirate, so let us know if he shows back up after a few days so we can mark this as solved. MK

i 98% of the time sail for France, and i have a class 1 MoW, maxed out of crew 1010, plenty of ammo/powder, i hit cummana ran into a spanish class MoW, in the harbor, boarded and took it, that knocked my crew down to 750, after destroying the fort cannons, and assualted the fort it knocked me down to 250, and after the town attack i had 128 men left, when i go to the gov residence it always makes me "loot" the town, i want to instal my own deputy there but it never works why not?
:guns::duel:
shrk.gif

I am a bit curious, how much do you get for a colony in a month? I never bothered to capture one for myself.

I am a bit curious, how much do you get for a colony in a month? I never bothered to capture one for myself.

in the vanilla game with an officer at 100 trade skill it gives 7500 per day in san juan i tested and 2000 per day in lavega, although in lavega you cant really assign successfully a deputy (its a mission in the spanish nation quest line), what i mean is that if you try to assign a deputy to lavega you will be allowed to do so, but he will be nowhere to be found later. its because there is no correct locator for the officer to be assigned to, which means the deputy will get lost in the void.

I've completed Morgan's quest and after that i have captured Fort Orange for myself and apointed my officer as my deputy. Before I left the town i talked to him and asked about taxes, he said: ''I have collected 740 coins of taxes each day for 0 days.''
Then I left and came back a month later to collect taxes and he wasn't there! I can't find him anywhere! I looked in residence,tavern,every house in that little town and he isn't there!
Is that a bug or what?
Sorry for my bad english :) thanks!

i havent checked especially for fort orange but as the town has the same layout as the pirate towns e.g. lavega then its as i said above. the locator when you assign a deputy points to the governor locator position, though residences of these small colonies dont have a governor locator, so the deputy gets lost in the void. you can change a script to allow the deputy to see if its on a such colony to dont go to the governor locator, but to another locator in the residence. thats another story though, as if you already have assigned a deputy who is lost, then you would have to sell the problematic colony and recapture it, of course after first changing the script so the new deputy will go to the correct locator.

Wow, that doesn't really seem much. I mean considering how much money you burn in the endgame, it is like the hero has a fireplace in his cabin on the flagship where he literally burns money. I miss the colony upgrades from the original age of pirates. Although the rest of this game is much better.

Back