• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Design / Conceptual Art - Here to offer help

Nexatt

Landlubber
Hi there!

I know this is the game a lot of us have been looking forward to for a long time, and while I can't contribute from a programming standpoint, I can offer help in design and conceptual art areas.

I am aware of a concept art thread and a 2D Art Team, but is there a specific concept art team? I can provide help in any area of the concept design process, including character and uniform, buildings (forts, townhouses, government locations, etc.), close-up detailing of objects such as cannons, swords and pistols, clothing items (hats, buckles, shoes), and basically any world items for the texture artists and modellers to reference. This also includes environment layouts and design such as islands and towns. I know that we have plenty of very dedicated and talented modellers and texturers, but I'm sure they can appreciate some general art direction and initial plans to quicken the process. Any work I produce can span from basic sketches and measurements for quick reference through to full paintings if necessary.

I'm also happy to help in interface and user experience design.

I am of the understanding that ship conceptualisation isn't an immediate issue as we already have many of the models and plans necessary, but I can also prepare these if needed.

Is a concept artist and designer needed at the moment, and, if so, where can I go to start receiving requests?

Well, I guess if there were a concept art team I'd be the one in charge of it...? I'm the guy that's been doing most of it, but I'll only be checking in very infrequently and even then only for a few seconds at a time to scan for updates on ship builds for at least the next two weeks or so. I only saw this because it was one of the most recent posts. Haven't even looked at anything else since last week.

Art for specific ships won't be necessary unless they are doing something interesting like tacking, which I'd rather handle myself. I'm very particular about how the rig and trim of the sails is handled. If you can read the plans for ships, feel free to make some concept art, though.

Back