• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Dialog Affliction, Memory Leaks

ChezJfrey

Freebooter
Storm Modder
...and much more. Bugs, bugs, bugs. Bad texture map points, save-crashes, memory leaks, bad pointer dereferencing crashes, array index out-of-bounds crashes, mast-fall crashes, waterring crashes, etc. How was this even saleable?

Anyway, after poring over PIX output, for days, I have finally eradicated a long-standing dialog background bug that is found in Caribbean Tales, COAS and TEHO, where the texture is only half visible. Memory leaks and any known crash culprits have long been resolved.

COAS
5arvar.jpg

TEHO
24qiwpl.jpg

Oh, BM, you might want to fix these:

Mem state: User memory: 311 MSSystem: 112 Blocks: 7
Leak: '.\xiutil.cpp' line 77, size 11
Leak: '.\Sources\file_service.cpp' line 338, size 168
Leak: '.\Sources\file_service.cpp' line 338, size 88

Undefined error
Assert failed in .\WaterRings.cpp line 144, expression string _iPointer

Decided to rework another thing I found annoying. When a character is forced to jump down (e.g. in New Horizons, run/walk off the edge of a dock), if the control for "run" is constantly depressed while doing so, upon landing the character is "stuck" and the only way to resume is to briefly release the W key, then depress again, to continue running. I changed that so that you can continually depress the W key (or whatever is mapped for run/walk) and after the jump/fall, the character continues running, automatically.

And, while I was at it, I also decided to just enable jumping at will, anywhere. So now, with the control for Jump added back in say, COAS, I can run around town/store/tavern, jumping...just for kicks.

Brilliant!

Someone once tried to mod that into PotC, but without the game engine actually supporting it.
Let's just say... it did not work very well! :rofl

Back