• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Did I misunderstand how licenses work?

vorius

Sailor Apprentice
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
I took on a quest from a Spanish governor which asked me to go into Port of Spain and meet a certain contact, pick up a package of documents, and bring it back to him. I figured this would be easy because despite England being hostile i have a license which I just got which says I can freely enter British colonies.

But now I try entering town there is no check of my license (which has not yet expired) they just immediately attack when I enter the town gate from the jungle.

Can I sneak into town? Save & Reload on entering the town gate would that work?

My Sneak skill is at 6, plus two items that give +10% each. Will I be able to sneak by the gate guards at all with these skills?

Ok, regardless of the license, I realized from reading another post I need to sneak in after 23:00 in order for the gate guards to be off duty. So I managed to get in the city and I searched the tavern, the church and every house which was unlocked. I can't find this guy I am supposed to pick up a package from. It's supposed to be a "local usurer" by the name of "Kenneth Bamer".

Naturally I tried the Moneylenders building but it's locked.

Any ideas?

Ok, regardless of the license, I realized from reading another post I need to sneak in after 23:00 in order for the gate guards to be off duty. So I managed to get in the city and I searched the tavern, the church and every house which was unlocked. I can't find this guy I am supposed to pick up a package from. It's supposed to be a "local usurer" by the name of "Kenneth Bamer".

Naturally I tried the Moneylenders building but it's locked.

Any ideas?
No, you are wrong. No matter if you have license or don't have a license you must have a friendly for this port flag. Get a valid license, put a friendly flag and enter the port in broad daylight. But you must have no bounty on your head (or maybe if you have a bounty it must be small - not sure about this).
But if you sneak during the night (you must still have freindly flag) you can go to the tavern and sleep untill morning then carefully (dependent on your stealth skill) go where you need to go. Besides there is an exploit - if a guard see you and want to raise an alarm he must talk to you first. No talking = no alarm. So when you see a guard you can start talking to your officer or to some citizen untill to guard goes away (but I myself don't like expoits).

Thank you so much for the tip!

I slept and snuck over to the bank during the day and was able to continue my quest - all this time I had thought I needed to meet this guy somewhere on the street or something during the night!

Thank you so much for the tip!

I slept and snuck over to the bank during the day and was able to continue my quest - all this time I had thought I needed to meet this guy somewhere on the street or something during the night!

It is important to understand you don't need to sneak if you have valid license; you can just enter the port in broad daylight. You need to sneak only if you want to enter without license BUT in both cases you need to use a friendly flag AND do not have a bounty on your head.

Back