• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Difference GoF-PotC Build Mod

Alistar

Lost Soul
What are the differences between these mods for PotC and CoaS? I know that they're differently old and stuff but how are they different contentwise?

Basically, CoAS was a pretty good game to begin with and the mods add some new content and additional realism, but not excessively much.
PotC wasn't an overly good game originally, but the modpack adds about 4 times as much content as was in the original game.
Both CoAS+modpack and PotC+modpack are pretty good from what I understand, though I never played CoAS myself.
Plus PotC is being actively worked on still.

There are lots of thread hiding around the forum where people asked the same question. :yes

I thought from what ive seen that both modded games were pretty much the same although ive only seen GoF in Videos

CoAS uses an updated version of the PotC engine, so the gameplay has a similar idea to it.
The actual specifics are quite different though.

COAS has much better graphics on land than POTC. The islands look much better from sea too. The fighting is much better in COAS.

POTC is better while at sea because it has a much more realistic sky. Also sea battles are not nearly as buggy in POTC. POTC has a much more detailed economy that evolves according to the players actions.

But mostly COAS has NO ties to Disney and their lawyers.

Back