• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Difficulty Level effects

bulbuliseyda

Landlubber
Hi all,
My english is not so good, sorry for that...

I have a question;

I play now a game with Impossible level.
I've noticed that the Quick Repair ship ability is unavailable (hero & officer).

First i think that become a bug of game of mod (combined mod)
But i start new profile with Seamaster level, than the Quick Repair ability become available.
I start new profile with Impossible level, Quick Repair unavailable again.

Anyone has an idea?

[Edit]

One strange happenig:
My currently level is 44 (Impossible level)
I've done all quests (coas, tenochtitlan, ascold and others) except spanish line (i'm done with saving Maracaibo) and morgan line (im half of line)
without this ability is that enormously difficult, especially defeating 10 manowars of ascold quest and moreover capturing 4 of them. (in impossible level must all of 10 manowars defeat/capture. squadron dont gone after defeating commanders manowar and taking the list of artifacts)

anyway, i wait now couple days for next spanish quest: assault willemstad and marigot.
one strange happening in sea, i give command lower sails to my companions, and QUICK REPAIR ability come available, but not in SHIP perks, in PERSONAL perks...
nothing of abilities of hero and officers/companions (both personal and ship) go up. i tryed several times to understand the reason, but thats not possible. simply, i give commands (lower sail of other) to my companions and the ability become available
strange..

I'm too too familiar with this game, but I strongly suspect that the removal
of the Quick Repair ability might be an intentional part of the "Impossible" difficulty level.
I've been told even the lowest difficulty in CoAS is really quite hard.
"Impossible" probably really IS impossible! :shock

I'm too too familiar with this game, but I strongly suspect that the removal
of the Quick Repair ability might be an intentional part of the "Impossible" difficulty level.
I've been told even the lowest difficulty in CoAS is really quite hard.
"Impossible" probably really IS impossible! :shock

Hoi Pieter,

This is absolutely related with playing strategy.
In my impossible game, i've captured the BlueBird in 10 januari 1665, (my level was 7)

But, this ability (Quick Repair) is really important.

Especcially manOwar battles in ascold quest.
In my previous games (with Sea Master difficulty level) i've captured 4 manOwars (and all others sink) with my only ship, Dog Of War.
But now this become really hard, think i.

I'm playing on easy setting myself and Quick Repari appears about every 30 minutes of gameplay. Isn't if supposed to appear more quicker than that? Also at first "Insight" ability appeared but now it does not anymore. None of the abilities appear except 'Quick Turn' and every 30 minutes Quick Repair' even though my officers have all of the abilities? like slow repair, insight, etc. Is this a bug?

Mates, There's two seperate perks "Light Repair" and "Quick Repair". Light Repair will appear every three minutes I believe. Remember on Quick Repair you not only need the perk, but also lumber and canvas must be on board, otherwise the icon will not appear. ;)

MK

Hi guys,

In lower levels, there is a "Quick Repair" ability under Ship Abilities.
After you gather a ship ability point, than you can activate this ability.

But, in Impossible level there is not a Quick Repair ability under Ship Abilities.
That is the difference.

Well the higher the difficulty the harder the game play... This would be one of the things to make it harder...

I wouldnt expect the quick repair ability to appear often at all actually landlubber as I think it allows the ship to be repaired to 90% of top health (I think) depending on how much sailcloth and planks you have :yes

Well the higher the difficulty the harder the game play... This would be one of the things to make it harder...

I wouldnt expect the quick repair ability to appear often at all actually landlubber as I think it allows the ship to be repaired to 90% of top health (I think) depending on how much sailcloth and planks you have :yes

You probably make no difference between "quick repair" and "light repair".
Yes, they are bugged BUT ONLY for companion ships (and there is a hotfix for it - look for "handel" in the MODs forum - the fix is not from me but the topic will appear.
For your own ship they work as intended and this is not related to the difficulty.
One of the perk works ONLY when the health drops bellow 10% and it is FREE - no need for mats at all. And it prevents sinking too - because when the health drops bellow 10% the sinking icon appears.
The other icon works when the health drops bellow 60% (masts cannot be repaired the the above mentioned hotfix fixes a bug with mast repair too). But this skill needs HUGE amount of materials. You don't really think a measly 250 boards will repair a man-o-war, right? For this skill to be usefull you need thousands of boards and cloth for a man-o-war (much less for class 6 ship of course).

Thanks, I wasn't aware of those percentages, now it makes sense. But I still don't have Insight Perk show up anymore even though my canoneer and I have it?

Thanks, I wasn't aware of those percentages, now it makes sense. But I still don't have Insight Perk show up anymore even though my canoneer and I have it?

Waht was this Insight Perk? I deinstalled the game so can you post the description pls?

It's actually called Foresight a ship perk skill.

I always thought it works but it is for a single reload only so it practically has no real use (besides being a prerequisite for the later perks).

PS. Also you should know if the above mentioned hotfix is not installed and *IF* you have a fallen mast and use the 60% repair perk it will consume ALL the cloth trying to repair the mast - which is impossible of course. After the fix it correctly spares the cloth as the fallen masts can be repaired only in the shipyards.

Back