• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Diplomat bug - forts still attack me even after I paid him

Lonious

Master Mariner
Hi there,

I am having a trouble with the original Bethesda POTC game ("Sea Dogs 2", no mods).

I went to the Conceicao Smugglers Tavern and paid the diplomat money to restore my reputation with Portugal, England, and Spain after destroying their forts. However, their forts (which have resurrected) still attack me even if my Relations says I'm friends with them.

Please, how to solve this?

Thanks so much.

I doubt that it can be solved in the unmodded game. Something similar can happen in the modded game, which allows you to complain to the governor, and that makes the fort stop shooting at you. But governor dialogs are completely rewritten in the modded game so it would not even be possible to put the modded governor dialogs into the otherwise unmodded game.

The only workaround I can think of is that from now on, you'll need to land at one of the beaches on each of Conceicao, Redmond and Isla Muelle, and never sail directly into port again. At least, if you've paid the diplomat, Portuguese, English and Spanish ships should not chase you on the world map.

The requisite code to reset the fort commanders appears to me to be
Code:
SetCharacterRelationBoth(GetCharacterIndex("Redmond Commander"),GetCharacterIndex("Blaze"),RELATION_FRIEND);
SetCharacterRelationBoth(GetCharacterIndex("IslaMuelle Commander"),GetCharacterIndex("Blaze"),RELATION_FRIEND);
SetCharacterRelationBoth(GetCharacterIndex("Conceicao Commander"),GetCharacterIndex("Blaze"),RELATION_FRIEND);

so if I'm right you put that in a stock game dialogue file and talk to a character with that dialogue you should be able to get the code to execute. Save the original dialogue file under a different name first so you can put it back after (or if it goes wrong).

Back