• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Direct, continuous sailing

Now, where do I add that debug line?
UHmm, do you mean this one?? :
Open the file PROGRAM\CCCdirectsail.c with NOTEPAD and use Ctrl F to find:
Code:
string groupname = "Directenc"+rand(100);
Delete " +rand(100)" so that it reads:
Code:
string groupname = "Directenc";
Save file.

Err, no. I will do that one now, but this is what I was referring to.

To get more debug data add the line

Trace("Directsail encounter groupname: " + groupname );so that the groupnames will be logged in the debugfiles. Then you can look if a certain groupname -or sequence of groupnames- occurs before CTDs.

Directsail creates only one fleet per seaenvironment. If you have another one that is a coastraider or quest fleet. (At least the way I once wrote this mod, and FAIK Hook and Screwface didn't change THAT )
Indeed that hasn't changed. :no
We were thinking though that in DirectSail it should be possible to encounter fleet-vs-fleet battles as on the worldmap. Do you have any idea if that might be easily accomplished?

I got an error log with sea.ai in it. Opinions welcomed. Threw in the other 2 just on general principals.

Was there a crash involved or just the error message? Nothing in compile.log that I can see.

No, it didn't crash. The error message has sea.ai in it which is new. If that is starting to show up again then it might give a clue as to any other problems that might be lurking around in there.

And could some kind soul please do something about blade 38 & 39?

Whats wrong with Blade 38 & 39?(as of this momment i haven't checked, so looking for your pointers on what to look out for).

What's wrong with blade 38 & 39?

This is just a very small slice of my system.log.

BLADE::Realize -> no find locator "start", model "Ammo\blade39"
BLADE::Realize -> no find locator "start", model "Ammo\blade38"

A system log 1,000 times that size is normal.

I remember those from many years ago. The solution is simple: add a "start" and "end" locator to the blade model files and it'll be over and done with.
They don't need any sensible coordinates as long as they're there. They can use any group name, such as the name of the blade itself.

I'm starting to get consistent ctds during and after boardings. It looks like errors are starting to creep in. I'm in unknown territory again and except for this it's running fine.

I remember those from many years ago. The solution is simple: add a "start" and "end" locator to the blade model files and it'll be over and done with.
They don't need any sensible coordinates as long as they're there. They can use any group name, such as the name of the blade itself.

It is not quite that simple. I found those 2 swords. 38 is the Kilij, and I don't recognize 39. Anyway, they did not have start and end locators, so I made some, and then played the game. I got graphical oddities, which means that those locators do need to make sense. So I did that. If anyone else has this issue, here are the repaired files.

They go in: POTC---->resource---->models---->ammo.

Brilliant; thanks very much! :woot

What graphic anomalies did you get? I added those locators before but the ones I added were basically both in spot 0,0,0 and that seemed to work fine. :shrug

What I did was misjudge the scale used in GMViewer to show the blades so the end was way out there. In game that meant that it looked like a giant star wars light sabre with a light bar going waay out there. I made it like the other blades and it is fine. The 39 blade is a naval dirk.

What do you count under "stuff"? I was intending to stick some of my changes in there that I posted before, hoping that they might help.
Are you saying the game is being more stable now than before on this account? :woot

More stable? More stable?!?!?!?!?!? :8q Most of my POTC games lasted to level 22-24. No more. Every once in a great while one might get to level 30 or so. My best game was level 32 in the Assassin storyline.

So here I am cruising along at level 54. It's getting old and glitchy, with ctd's during boarding and the odd ctd for no reason, but this is hugely better than not even coming close to completing the main quest and sinking the Black Pearl.
thpirateshipff.gif

I don't know if it was setting that ai thingy to 256 or the directenc doodad or both of those gizmos together, but this thing just plain works. :shoot:

Back