• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Direct Sail Encounter Distances

Captain Mark

Landlubber
I am slightly tweaking InternalSettings.h and have a question regarding the distances of encounters.
More specifically what effect the two settings MIN_ENEMY_DISTANCE_TO_DISABLE_MAP_ENTER and
MIN_ENEMY_DISTANCE_TO_DISABLE_ENTER_2_LOCATION have in direct sail mode.

1. Which of the two settings determines at what distance an encounter begins (I suppose the first)?
2. Which of the two settings will prevent me to advance to the next island if an enemy ship is still within the distance? Is this also handled by ...ENTER_2_LOCATION when in direct sail mode?

As far as I can tell, neither of those have anything to do with the distance at which an encounter begins.

"MIN_ENEMY_DISTANCE_TO_DISABLE_MAP_ENTER" seems to be what it says, the minimum distance at which an enemy must be if you are to be able to leave the area. It might affect how far away you have to be before you can advance to the next island.

"MIN_ENEMY_DISTANCE_TO_DISABLE_ENTER_2_LOCATION" seems to control landing on an island. You're trying to get into port and can't moor because there's an enemy ship nearby; this variable controls how far away that enemy must be before you can moor.

So basically, they control the distance at which an encounter ends. I can't find what controls the distance at which an encounter begins.

I can't find what controls the distance at which an encounter begins.
And I can never remember that one. :modding

I do know that if you increase the values mentioned above too much, sometimes you cannot go to map because there's an enemy ship on the other side of the island. :facepalm

Back