• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Disable DirectSail Land-Ho?

Cerdock

Powder Monkey
Lately I've been having occurrences where I'm trying to loot or fight (or what have you) and suddenly I get LAND HO across my screen and poof everything I was doing is gone because it happened to be too close to an island. This has been sort of annoying, as I am someone who doesn't use Iron Man so I use world map to access islands. Can I disable this Land-Ho transition somehow in the InternalSettings? I skimmed through and couldn't find what I was looking for.

Edit: I'd also like to know if the companions and crewmembers bother using the armor I put in their inventory/weaponslocker if that information happens to be readily available.

Last edited:
Lately I've been having occurrences where I'm trying to loot or fight (or what have you) and suddenly I get LAND HO across my screen and poof everything I was doing is gone because it happened to be too close to an island. This has been sort of annoying, as I am someone who doesn't use Iron Man so I use world map to access islands. Can I disable this Land-Ho transition somehow in the InternalSettings? I skimmed through and couldn't find what I was looking for.
You can use the regular 0-key (not Numpad!) on your keyboard to enable/disable DirectSail updates at any time for specifically that reason. ;)

Edit: I'd also like to know if the companions and crewmembers bother using the armor I put in their inventory/weaponslocker if that information happens to be readily available.
They should do, yes. :yes

I'd also like to know if the companions and crewmembers bother using the armor I put in their inventory/weaponslocker if that information happens to be readily available.
Companions will use the best armour you give them by exchanging equipment. Crewmembers use the best armour you put in the weapons locker. Very few character models have variants showing armour, so your officers and crew may very well be using the armour you gave them but you can't see it.

Back