• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Disappearing Money

Surfmutt

Landlubber
Ok, I already have far more money than I'll ever need, but it is upsetting me that when I put money with a lender it doesn't seem to all be there some months later. I *thought* PORT ROYAL would be safe--think I read somewhere that only the main city for a faction is safe from being robbed (and you therefore losing money).

Anyway, 97.2% sure I left exactly 6mil with Port Royal and I come back couple months later and the cheese has the nads to tell me, "With our agreed upon interest I owe you 5,850,000..." I'm ready to run him through and start my own Money Lending operation...

Ok, I already have far more money than I'll ever need, but it is upsetting me that when I put money with a lender it doesn't seem to all be there some months later. I *thought* PORT ROYAL would be safe--think I read somewhere that only the main city for a faction is safe from being robbed (and you therefore losing money).

Anyway, 97.2% sure I left exactly 6mil with Port Royal and I come back couple months later and the cheese has the nads to tell me, "With our agreed upon interest I owe you 5,850,000..." I'm ready to run him through and start my own Money Lending operation...

If the moneylender is looted you get a message "Your deposit of ...... in ...... is lost" and lose everything.. No one complained about a bug with the moneylender so you probably just deposited not 6 mil but less money.
Keep in mind some people can steal part or even all of your money (the barmaid in particular) but I left 47 mil (this is the max you can leave) in the five safe cities and never ever had problems with them.

Can you list the 5 safe cities plz?

This incident in Port Royal happened after I noticed twice that not as much money as I thought I had put in St.John (I think--notes at home) was there to be withdrawn. It wasn't 0 tho...just about 5-10% less than I deposited.

Can you list the 5 safe cities plz?

This incident in Port Royal happened after I noticed twice that not as much money as I thought I had put in St.John (I think--notes at home) was there to be withdrawn. It wasn't 0 tho...just about 5-10% less than I deposited.

The capitals plus Panama. You can deposit 17 mil in Panama.

What if the governor-general moves his location? Can the former capitals then be raided by NPCs or by you? I wish there was a mod that kept the governor generals from traveling so that your money could be safe and so that the nations capitals were permanent.

Thats weird that only 5-10% of your money was missing instead of the whole amount. Maybe if a city where you have deposits gets raided/looted, you only lose a certain percent of the deposit rather then the whole amount.

I suspect now that Handel is correct (when is he ever wrong?!?!) in saying that I lost track of how much I really had deposited. Money just comes so easy once you have a fast ship that can hold 200+ crew to assist in boarding. I'll keep a closer eye on it going forward and advise.

I suspect now that Handel is correct (when is he ever wrong?!?!) in saying that I lost track of how much I really had deposited. Money just comes so easy once you have a fast ship that can hold 200+ crew to assist in boarding. I'll keep a closer eye on it going forward and advise.

You can check how much you deposited in your Log book´s bookmark :mm
Log book -> Cash book

Log book -> Cash book

But not after you withdraw it:-(
Actually the logbook is one of the worse things in the game. For example it gives you a snapshot of the prices at ceratin port, but don't give you a memo about your cargo and how much you payed for it.

The logbook is a work in progress. I suspect that modders will change some things about it once they get to it. The quest info and instructions could surely be improved too. I do like the deposits page that was added.

What would be cool to have is an events page showing dates and changes in the Caribbean like ports that were raided, governor-generals moving, and nations declaring war. If a real-time economy is added into the game it could show things like famines and plagues which would increase the price the port would pay for goods.

Well, I went back to Port Royal after doing the COAS quest and the bugger tells me, "here is your 5,850,000" again. /sigh :eek:k

99.5% sure I bumped it to 6mil last time it was short, but I did withdraw it again this time so no note in the log. This time I wrote down 6mil, the exact date I put it in there, AND I confirmed it was 6mil if I tried to immediately withdraw it. Wrote it down so my old rum pickled brain won't forget it. :urgh Sure seems I'm experiencing money leakage.

Not sure if interest adjsutment happens at the end of each month, or 30 days from deposit date, but I rolled over to a new month so I probably sail back just to check on it tonight.

Well, I went back to Port Royal after doing the COAS quest and the bugger tells me, "here is your 5,850,000" again. /sigh :eek:k

99.5% sure I bumped it to 6mil last time it was short, but I did withdraw it again this time so no note in the log. This time I wrote down 6mil, the exact date I put it in there, AND I confirmed it was 6mil if I tried to immediately withdraw it. Wrote it down so my old rum pickled brain won't forget it. :urgh Sure seems I'm experiencing money leakage.

Not sure if interest adjsutment happens at the end of each month, or 30 days from deposit date, but I rolled over to a new month so I probably sail back just to check on it tonight.

Interest adjustment happens at the same date (day) as the month passes. For example when you deposit 1 mil at 17th of january - 1 000 000
17th of february - 1 060 000
17th of march - 1 120 000

I think it´s like that...maybe it´s a day after (in this case 18th). Haven´t checked that precisely. :hmm

Log book -> Cash book

Captain Frosty, this was a good tip, thx. I had not noticed some of the extra tabs on the log book or in some of the other interfaces.

I can say that interest payments certainly are working now. My new theory is since I hadn't visited that tab of the log book, the money lenders thought they could rip me off. THEM BASTARDS!!! I believe the first interest payment came 1 month + 1 day from deposit (the 18th in Frosty's example).

Thanks again!

I believe the first interest payment came 1 month + 1 day from deposit (the 18th in Frosty's example).

Thanks again!

No. They come exactly after 1 month including the exact day time. So if you put them at 01.15 at 10,34 the interests will be due at 02.15 at 10,35 exactly (one game time tick is 5 min).
It doesn't matter if the month has 30 or 31 days - it is the date which matter... which make me wonder what will happen if you put them at 29 february (if there is 29 february in the game of course)

Back