• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Does anyone know where to get COAS?

CptKronos

Landlubber
sorry if theres a post like this but i love the your mod for POTC i felt like trying out your other mod but i cant seem to get my hands on a copy

Ahoy CptKronos, welcome aboard mate! :cheers

That depends on where your located, in the US, you can get it from a number of different outlets at the moment, Amazon and Best buy to name a couple. Although thanks to Playlogic's pathetic marketing for the game, those copies are becoming harder and harder to find. If your outside the US, things get a little tougher, again, mainly because of Playlogic's laughable "marketing" strategy! Your best bet outside the US at the moment would probably be Ebay.

Where to find it? I WISHED I KNEW! Stupid Playlogic idiots! :whipa

It was discontinued here in Canada everywhere;EBgames, Futureshop, Bestbuy. But Bestbuy still had one copy for some unknown reason and I bought it.
Gamersgate has been promising to sell it online for some time now, but they keep pushing back the date. I emailed them, asking them why it was delayed and they just say," We don't know why".
But it seems Gamersgate may be the only online download place eventually becoming available, if you can't find the hard copy anywhere.

lanlubber, keep an eye on THIS thread mate, we may have some answers before long. :shrug

In some coutries its not even been released yet, England is one of those countries. The release date was 09 but its been pushed back to sometime this year now but there is still no actual date as to when in 2010 it will be released. :modding

Pieter Ebay is the best bet for now, you should be able to get a copy from the US.

Pah! I've got the files... from elsewhere.
If they don't want me to be able to buy it, then I WON'T! :whipa
It's not like I'm actually doing anything with it anyway. :razz

Pah! I've got the files... from elsewhere.
If they don't want me to be able to buy it, then I WON'T! :whipa
It's not like I'm actually doing anything with it anyway. :razz

Well we won't talk about where you got those files but at least yopu will be able to play the game. Its annoying when a game you really want is almost impossible to buy in your own country, here in England its to be announced. I'm one of those who likes to test the game out and not as a demo, i did it with the sims 3 and after a few hours of playing it i waited for the game to be released and purchesed it and its expansion pack world adverntures, i alway's buy games i like i just like to test them out and not waist money on the off chance they are crap. I have over 100 PC games all legit was more but i had a clean out of the old games i would never play again for what ever reasons, its funny because there are games i tested and bourght and have been sitting on a self collecting dust for a long time but games like COAS and the sims 3 have taken over my free time so those games i have yet to play will remain uninstalled and collecting dust till i loose interest in the sims 3 and COAS, which will not happen any time soon. Goot to hear you now have the game though. :will

Well, I know this thread is slightly old,

And it has been a long time since I posted here at Pirates Ahoy,

I always loved the POTC build, but had bad experiences playing AOP 1. Got a chance a few months ago to play AOP 2 and got hooked on it. Finally found it on Amazon for $10.00 US and it is still in stock and also available used at the moment. as well.

I also saw it available via digital download at http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-AOP2CAS/age-of-pirates-2-city-of-abandoned-ships for $29.99

Todd

Yes, it is definately available at gamers gate.
I purchased my copy a couple weeks ago from gamers gate, and I am playing it with the combined mods.

Also, thanks everyone involved in making the mod, despite the bad reviews I have seen for COAS, I have found the combined mods to be more stable so far on my machine than AOP CT with the supermod.
And so many more activities to keep me busy.

Well worth the $29.99!

regards,
Dave

Back