• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Download error

Jason

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
When downloading extra textures during the intallation, I got a download error in roughly the same place both times.

Can someone help or explain?

<!--`QuoteBegin-CaptJackSparrow`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CaptJackSparrow)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->hey cat thankx for PMing me that link...i love those new maps on my cabin desk!!!  :yes[/quote]Oh thank you for telling me! I love them too, I'm just so tickled at how they came out (just pasted the new map on top of the old map, tilted it, and gave it a little shadow so it looks like they're in a stack)... It's nice to see someone noticed! :cheeky

<!--`QuoteBegin-CatalinaThePirate`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CatalinaThePirate)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->PM, Jason, check your  Private  Messages  on this website.

Vassal, are you having trouble getting Build 11?[/quote]No Cat, im not having problem downloading the build,well i want to download also the UPDATE :yes

Thanks to the kindness of the Admiras of Pirates Ahoy another download site is available and the quota problem on robotsdontbleed.com is solved, too. I'm sorry for all the problems that were caused by inappropriate preparing the build for publishing. But I never thought that a multi gigabyte transfer quota would be reached in days.

Scheffnow

Cat: Actually, Scheffnow posted the update, and he's been handling all the package stuff (which is mammoth work).
So, :cheers: to you Scheffnow!

Nathan: I'm still trying to find out from Vassal what he is having a problem getting... That's all... Some of the folks from the Pacific islands are having trouble downloading.

But I most assuredly echo your sentiments about Scheffnow - We really appreciate all the hard work, matey!!! :p3 :? :bow 8)

Hi Cat,downloaded yer texture file an got a error message at the end of the download,huwever the new map is on the desk in the cabin an also corrected maps in the shipyard 8) :p3

Thanks, Skull, you should have all of them, I'd imagine. Check in the "readme1st.txt" file - there's a list there.

Caporegime (and others) -

New textures package:

Basically, these are environment changes, not game changes - all you get are textures that overwrite original textures.  No need to reinitialize after you've installed them.

Remember how the maps in the shipyards and other interiors are reversed?  I changed that before, so that the world map and the map of the Caribbean now read right, BUT...

The NEW textures have a DIFFERENT MAP than the Caribbean.  I made up a new PotC map based upon the old one with all the islands - but done in an old style reminiscent of Mercator's maps (from the 1500's).

The new textures package has the new interiors and a couple of loading screens reflecting the new map change - and I also included a new one that puts the new map in the ship's cabin on the desk with all the other maps.

Hope this helps! :cheers :(

Back