• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Dr Peter Blood gone linear

seaturtle

Landlubber
I've played Ian Stance as a Trader, Diego Espinoza as an Adventurer and although I'm really not all the way through with neither but I can say they do not seem very linear as I do not have to follow the quest straight in a line although things may slow up a bit if I get a little off track, but they do NOT crash or want to end the game.

Two days ago I thought why not I'll give ole Pete a chance. Jeez what a trip. If I just talk to the wrong person, enter the wrong house, or leave the house like gun smiths house below,

Gunsmithhouse.jpg

I get this DEATH Screen:

DeathScreen.jpg

In the house above I've just killed the Spaniard that was messing with the gunsmith ( which I obtained the sword from the dead soldier's body ), I put the sword back in a chest ( afraid the guards would catch me ) but I could not stash the "Bundle" ( as shown that I have in the pic below) .

Bundle.jpg

Nor can I leave the house as either the guard catches me with the "Bundle" or the Death Screen one of the two.

I did steal some jewels from some houses and a chest out at the Plantation behind some sugar stalks ( or whatever it is the plantation grows ) and later noticed in one of my quest ( I think the one about the seeing the doctors for some loot later the next day ) it said I did not dare steal anything yet ( or close to that ) so maybe this is why I keep getting the death screen -OR- maybe it's because I have not found out the buyers whereabouts yet ( Weston ).

Guess I will have to start ALL over with good ole DR Blood.

It's driving me to drink I tell ya. :j3 :modding

HELP. :328_skull:

It seems the Blood starting quest is timed and if you take too much time you will be caught and executed. You don't have to worry about the weapons bundle, though - it's invisible. You don't even have to stash the sword, just go outside and hand it over when the guard asks for it. He'll just take the equippable sword and let you keep the bundle.

It seems the Blood starting quest is timed and if you take too much time you will be caught and executed. You don't have to worry about the weapons bundle, though - it's invisible. You don't even have to stash the sword, just go outside and hand it over when the guard asks for it. He'll just take the equippable sword and let you keep the bundle.

Thanks Sordid, that makes sense but I've tried yet another time from scratch and to no avail. I'm not as quick as I used to be. Evidently the Russian developer figured only the young to play.

So I'm bowing out and back to being a trader with only 97 million piasters/gold whatever.

This game is getting real close to winding up in the trash bin, but I'll keep ole Ian Stance happy for awhile for at least he doesn't have any blue screens of death on his watch. :rolleyes:

I have no idea what the problem is, I've played the Blood beginning a bunch of times but never got that death screen. :shrug

Same problem I had a couple of weeks back. You basically have to fulfil each task as it is given you without trying to complete multiple tasks. I had the screen of death all over the place because I started too may tasks the first time round and couldn't complete them all in whatever time is alloted (there really should be a timer to tell you roughly how much time you have to complete a task). Don't plunder anything unless asked to, don't kill anyone unless you are supposed to and only complete one task at a time or it messes the whole game up. This is an extremely linear scenario with no margin for error. In the end I used one of the fast play walkthroughs just to get it over with - its a real pain!

Back