• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

"dredge up a gear"

Croaker

Landlubber
I am on the main City of Abandoned Ships questline and I have reached a point where I must dive underwater to retrieve a gear.
The underwater area is fairly large. After about 20 diving attempts I have been unable to find a gear. I have killed dozens of crabs and looted a bunch of chests though.

Now I had just spent the majority of this weekend wandering around on the ships looking for a lost admirals key. I never found it. I systematically walked every square inch of every ship in a grid pattern..... 7 TIMES!!! So, I finally give up on that and procees with the quest, only to encounter, another pixel hunt?

Where is this gear?
Is it random like the key?
Do you actualy see a gear/key item on the ground, or am I just looking for a hand icon to appear?
Does a hand icon appear or am I supposed to be madly clicking some button?
Did some magic crab that only appears 1% of the time eat the gear and I need to find and kill it?

I was really enjoying this game. Sailing, pirating, shooting cannons, boarding ships, ect. Too bad the main quest has absolutely none of that and is just an endless series of pointless hurdles. Maybe I will just go sleep in the tavern for 5 more days and someone will walk up to me and hand me the gear. LOL.

When you start on the bottom of the ocean, turn left and follow the "border" of the scene to the left. The gear will be near a shipwreck with a hole. It lies beneath a small, round stone.

i think the gear spawns randomly on the ocean floor, usually near a rock however i found mine in the middle of a map just about next to a rock it is also fairly big and at lest the ocean bottom is not awash with grass and stuff to hide the thing.

i would jsut save before you dive, then go checking around rocks and running form them darn crabs till you find it, fail reload try another part of the map.

Back