• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Duke Nukem Forever

Akella Fan

Mephisto
I know, I know. This game has had many bad reviews from respected reviewers, such as IGN, Gamespot etc.; but in a paradoxal way they make me want the game more. Has anyone got the game and can tell me if I should get it?

You could try the demo that's up on Steam - I played through it, and wondered why anybody bothered even making it. xD: Definitely not what I expected. I'd rather buy myself another copy of Bulletstorm - it's like what I thought DNF should have been.

if i want a messy mountain of supposedly hilarious dakka i'd go with jets n guns. THAT game's fun. hell, it's got monty python references!

So it really is bad after all... No problem! I didn't heard about the series until now (I'm only 13), I didn't expect it! Thanks for the anwers.

I hardly listen to a lot of reviews, since a lot of people can be biased. I usually ask friends or people who I trust who have the game. It looked like a good game, but don't judge a book by it's cover they say...

Parts of the demo looked and played great, then other parts were obviously last tinkered with in the late '90s. That REALLY ruined the flow of the game for me. Well, the ability to throw turds at people kinda turned me off, too. DNF isn't really supposed to be like the Postal series. xD:

I played the demo for 20min and that was enough for me to uninstall it.

I wouldn't bother getting it on sale either.

It's a early 2000 shooter and the voice acting, despite the hype, was actually crap.

Wow, never knew it would be all that bad. I guess when a game has been in "development" for 13 years, it loses the plot. If the game was released all them years ago, anyone would probably not bother about it, but expectations today have made it bad in players' eyes I guess. I think it was in development for a year in the late 1990's, forgot for about 12 and a half years, then tried to be finished off within 6 months as a decent game. People say because it has been in development for 13 years that it must be good. Doesn't work like that. I'm pretty sure you can't make a game ready for a system that would only be released in 8/9 years, so they ditched it, and only just decided to remaster it today because they couldn't be bothered to start over again and potentially make a better game.

I vote they can restart it right up their arse! :woot I would never have released DNF in the state it's in.

I'm going to buy it when it is dirt cheap and see how bad it is for my self. I might actually like it more than some people might.

I have a game suggestion for Stallion as well. I thought it fits your species quite nicely :doff

My%20Little%20Pony%20Pinkie%20Pie%20s%20Party%20Parade%201292383839.jpg

Brings back memories eh Stallion? ;)

Did nostalgia spring to mind when you saw that Stallion? :urgh

Hopefully this fits more to your tastes, since you are a fully grown horse now? :dance

Oh, and I got the system requirements for that game Stallion :doff

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM PC REQUIREMENTS

Windows XP/Vista
Pentium III 1.0GHz Processor
256MB RAM
700MB Hard Disk Space
DirectX 9.0
64MB Video Card
DirectX 9.0 Compatible Sound Card
8X CD-ROM Drive

I wonder what you need to play the game at maximum?

Back