• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Spoiler Dutch Gambit (Secret Organization) Bug/Help

Havok1o1

Landlubber
On this play through I went with the Secret Organization for the Dutch Gambit questline. I seem to have hit a wall however. The previous part of the quest was to deliver a message to the brigantine Hoop, this was completed.

The current objective is to go to Willemstad, once entering port the message for spotting the Meifeng shows up and updates the objective to ask around the tavern about Lucas Rodenburg. This is where the wall seems to be, when going to the tavern and speaking with the tavern keeper there is no option that mentions this. Also when checking rumours he just gives random rumours such as merchant ships that would make good targets as tavern keepers do. There is another option for "I came on different business" which also returns nothing useful.

I have also tried speaking to everyone else in the tavern, the waitress, the smuggler. I even tried sitting down with random patrons to drink with to get rumours, and nothing but the regular rumours about shipments, prices and such.

I have looked through multiple guides and walkthroughs and they all point to talk to the tavern keeper and ask about local rumours which is not progressing the quest

Any assistance or advise would be awesome!
(I uploaded a picture of the quest log, not sure if that will help)

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-11_22-26-41.png
    upload_2019-9-11_22-26-41.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 418
I just did this mission and it worked quite well on that part. Yes, talk to the tavern owner first to get your quest updated 1.jpg2.jpg
then go talk to the patrons (buy them rum) and they'll start talking 3.jpg. And as you can see I've successfully met with the ship Meifang 4.jpg and captured her 5.jpg.

Try reloading on an earlier save and try again. Do the sequence like I did.

I just did this mission and it worked quite well on that part. Yes, talk to the tavern owner first to get your quest updated View attachment 35000View attachment 35001
then go talk to the patrons (buy them rum) and they'll start talking View attachment 35002. And as you can see I've successfully met with the ship Meifang View attachment 35003 and captured her View attachment 35004.

Try reloading on an earlier save and try again. Do the sequence like I did.

That worked, that you soo much!

Back