• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Dutch mission 3

jokash

Sailor
I'm stuck at the part where morgan tells me that he doesent know where that guy is going to attack the dutch colonies and that i need to free some imprisoned british officer that is suposed to tell me everything.BUT....

i have two saves in one
I am without the trading license from so i am imediatly atacked as soon as i get to fort.I fight my way to prison kill everybody there but there is no officer to be rescued

In other save i have bought the trading license so i can enter the prison without getting attacked.I ask the guard there that i want to see that officer, he tells me "that is imposible" and then we fight again and again there is no officer in the prison so what can i do to finish this mission succesfully (becase i can finish it unsuccesfully if i go to the dutch governor and tell him that i didnt found out anything about the attack)

Here's a rundown of the third mission for you courtesy of skodarap.

Peter Stuyvesant wants you to speak with Edward Mansfield, a Dutch pirate, about the English trade war and British measures against Holland.
Go to La Vega and visit the residence. Mansfield knows nothing, but maybe Morgan does. Go to Port Royale and visit Morgan's residence. He is on Antigua so go there. A dungeon entrance near Morgan's house allows you to enter it in case of a locked door. Morgan asks for a favor so help him.
A certain filibuster named Pierre le Picard needs to be checked so sail to Tortuga and ask the tavernkeeper, the brothel ownerin, the shipwright, the storekeeper and the moneylender about Pierre.
You have learned enough so report to Morgan. He will tell you that Modyford plans to attack Fort Orange. Return to Stuyvesant.

Here's a rundown of the third mission for you courtesy of skodarap.

Peter Stuyvesant wants you to speak with Edward Mansfield, a Dutch pirate, about the English trade war and British measures against Holland.
Go to La Vega and visit the residence. Mansfield knows nothing, but maybe Morgan does. Go to Port Royale and visit Morgan's residence. He is on Antigua so go there. A dungeon entrance near Morgan's house allows you to enter it in case of a locked door. Morgan asks for a favor so help him.
A certain filibuster named Pierre le Picard needs to be checked so sail to Tortuga and ask the tavernkeeper, the brothel ownerin, the shipwright, the storekeeper and the moneylender about Pierre.
You have learned enough so report to Morgan. He will tell you that Modyford plans to attack Fort Orange. Return to Stuyvesant.

You have learned enough so report to Morgan.

Now everything is correct up to this point but Morgan tells me he doesent know anything about where Modyford is going to attack and then he tells me about the british officer... there lies my problem.Anyws tnx for the reply but i think i'm gonna fail this mission. Can i continue the dutch storyline if i havent done this mission

When you enter the Prison, talk first to the officer behind the desk . You should get permission from him (if he doesn't give you permission right away just talk to him couple more times - also, it might require a little bribe) before trying to enter the part where the cells are - to get pass the guard that attacked you if I understood correctly.

yeah that wont work, when i ask him can i see the prisoner and he says "that is imposible" to only reply i can say is blah blah en garde and fighting starts so...

yeah that wont work, when i ask him can i see the prisoner and he says "that is imposible" to only reply i can say is blah blah en garde and fighting starts so...

I've always had to fight my way out of that mission because I always have a hostile rep with the Brits anyway by the time I play that quest. I have to sneak in to see Morgan as well.

I simply make a dead run through the prison to the cell guard. Then I kill him, then I go talk to the prisoner. He says he will tell you what you need to know if you spring him out of prison. So Then I fight my way out of the prison. Basically you need to run for it and try to avoid fighting. If your escaped prisoner friend gets killed on the way out of the tower, you fail the quest. I try to turn on the guards once we are both out of the entrance to give him some time to get away. He is really stupid though. It took me a while to get through this, but it can be done. I just kept going back to where I saved before I entered the tower. I won't spoil what happens next, but you're gonna be pissed.

MK

If you have trading license it shouldn't be a problem, just don't ask him about a prisoner...i think you should talk to him about taking a tour around the prison or something like that - try it first in a friendly port, it's same for all the forts I think, but I tend to avoid the forts as much as possible due to a long walk to get there so i'm not sure...will check it out :shrug

edit: Go to prison, talk to the officer and tell him "I want to visit the jail." I think that should work, it's been a while since I've done this quest so can't say for certain, but I remember I entered the jail without problems, only trouble was getting out of it.

I have tried that too and the answer is no you cannot :no guess the only thing i didnt try is bombarding the fort ( not gonna happen ). thx guys but i think this one is a stuck. Cant finish all missions Enterprise style...

I have tried that too and the answer is no you cannot :no guess the only thing i didnt try is bombarding the fort ( not gonna happen ). thx guys but i think this one is a stuck. Cant finish all missions Enterprise style...

Nah, I don't think bombardment would work, tho I love the idea hehehe

I'll give it a shot again in next few days, and maybe redo the whole dutch nation-quest line guide

I'm stuck at the part where morgan tells me that he doesent know where that guy is going to attack the dutch colonies and that i need to free some imprisoned british officer that is suposed to tell me everything.BUT....

i have two saves in one
I am without the trading license from so i am imediatly atacked as soon as i get to fort.I fight my way to prison kill everybody there but there is no officer to be rescued

In other save i have bought the trading license so i can enter the prison without getting attacked.I ask the guard there that i want to see that officer, he tells me "that is imposible" and then we fight again and again there is no officer in the prison so what can i do to finish this mission succesfully (becase i can finish it unsuccesfully if i go to the dutch governor and tell him that i didnt found out anything about the attack)

After you get the message "that is impossible" from the guard behind the desk and kill them all,the officer must be in the prison! :shrug

i have two saves in one

After you get the message "that is impossible" from the guard behind the desk and kill them all,the officer must be in the prison! :shrug

You have to kill them. Spring the prisoner and fight your way out, getting him and yourself out of the prison alive, before you can proceed on this quest. I say again: It can be done. I've done it.

MK

i have loaded my older save ( 6 months before the mission ) i did the whole mission again and now the prisoner is there where he should be ( IN PRISON ) tnx for the help everybody but it seemes it was just a bug. But now comes the dreaded fort orange beach battle... :ixi

Back