• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

E.I.C. Expansion Pack

skull

Sea Dog
Announced: East India Company Privateer Expansion Pack. Not much has been announced as of yet about gameplay. Trailer shows nothing about gameplay, more of an announcement type og trailer :cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6oRNqKYYXo&feature=player_embedded

Their game is a fail and now they try to make enough money from their first release to keep the company fluid.

I would say, EIC is a disappointment. Its rough and unfinished. But can be a modders paradise. :D one of my issues was the lod setting on the ships. Unless you were right on top of the ship it looked like crap. After a few hours I fixed that. Than I noticed other problems. the models themselves are well modeled, textures are weak and the way they where put into the game not so good. Demasting is a huge issue for me. there are peices of mast floating in space, you see this clearly on the frigate. The bump maps are just plain ugly, fixed that too. It could have been so much more, but it was rushed, there was atleast another 2 months of work left. Just sloppy. I now know why the lod range was turned down. to hide these mistakes. There are still balancing issues. single player battles are to easy and end to fast. It should be to the very last man.

Rushed!!! Your are very funny! ROFL

The game has been in development for what 3 or 4 years. Granted the first company went belly up. Salvaged might be a better term, I am thinking. Please don't get me wrong I still plan on buying the game. The developers seem to be genuinely care about the game and working hard to improve it.

Rushed!!! Your are very funny! ROFL

The game has been in development for what 3 or 4 years. Granted the first company went belly up. Salvaged might be a better term, I am thinking. Please don't get me wrong I still plan on buying the game. The developers seem to be genuinely care about the game and working hard to improve it.
Yes rushed. Its not the same game they showed us 3 years ago. this was something tossed together real quick. I recall a 3d interactive cargo hold screen, you can move cargo, rearm, repair. tons of interaction. what happened to that? wheres that game? thats the one I wanted. there are too many rookie errors, the dam thing looks home brewed. I think in 4 years you would atleast get the AI working right. Well regardless this is not the same game. All that went down with the old company. The only thing this game shares with the well polished awesome version shown to us 3 years ago is just the name. Its Captain Blood all over again. Just to refresh our memories here are a few links
click

click

I agree the original game did look more interesting. With hindsight being 20-20, I think the developers may have been better served by changing the game's name or educating the followers that the new game is a completely different scope and concept.

I have the impression that the original concept and graphics had serious performance issues. Hence the developer need to spend a lot of time rewriting the graphics engine. I do not have any concrete evidence to back up the above so please don't take them as gospel. It is simply my thoughts.

Greg.

The developers seem to be genuinely care about the game and working hard to improve it.
Yes, care, unfortunatly not to make a decent game, but to safe whats possible to safe from this debacle of a fubared game design! I bet they are damn deep in financial trouble after everybody saw that weak concept they offered.

Back