• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

East India Company

skull

Sea Dog
Yarrr! Mates, having played demo campaign lvl to first lvl, been playn with 1 v1 battles to hone skills in battle. Consider meself to be rather an xperienced cap'n having played many pirate games, single player as well as M/P. M/P games I play include Pirates Of the Burning Sea and Buccaneers

Any how, wanted to post a small tutoral since game is soon to be released.Would suggest u try this first before playing Campaign

Start up game an pick single player/ battles. Set up yer 1v1 in interface, pick yer ship an enemy ship. In this tutoral, picked Frigates.
Battle starts pay attention to wind direction from banners on yer ship.
use1.jpg
As u can see picked a neutral wind in RTS mode, in otherwords, took direct command of my ship and turned her for broadside shot on attacking enemy, On far left u see Fleet Commander name Status etc. Notice skills he has, some are passive, some need to be activated during battle. It is important u know what these skills do and when to activate them. This can make a huge difference between a win ur swimm'n with the sharks.
use2.jpg
use3.jpg
use4.jpg
On far right u see 2 boxes your ship stats in white and in red enemy ship stats . u can see he has been hiitn my sails and my ship has been clobbering his hull. Im confident i can take out his hull before he demasts me, if im wrong im dead in water and sunk
use5.jpg

Kill Shot and win. Am far from an expert in this game as have only played demo, however consider myself to be an expert in Naval tactics against NPC or M/P action. Have sunk many and have been sunk many times in the learning procees. :cheers

Back