• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

East India Trading Company Flag.

Kazen Dukzom

Landlubber
Is there anyway that I can change my personal flag to the flag of the EITC as seen in the POTC films?

Oh and what is the model name for Cutler Becket? I looked everywhere for it but I can't find it. :keith

The personal flags are in the resource\textures\flags folder. The flags are in period sets so perflg5.tga.tx and perpnt5.tga.tx are the latest period (you which period is which in perioids.c). I think the EITC flag is in period 4.

You need to find the flag you want to use and convert the tga.tx file to a .tga file then copy the flag you want over the flag you want to replace and repeat for the pennants then convert them back to tga.tx.

I think the Cutler model is Young_Beckett you can't get him throught the tailor in game you have to either use the console (Add this line - GiveModel2Player("Young_Beckett",true); - and hit F12 in game) or edit one of the story starts to give you that model at the beginning.

Young_Beckett is a brown haired version, of him being younger ;)

The other one is Cutler_Beckett

Code:
PChar.Flags.Personal = 3; // PB: EITC Flag
in the Jack Sparrow storyline will give you the EITC flag

Code:
GiveModel2Player("Young_Beckett",true);
GiveModel2Player("Cutler_Beckett",true);
Add one of those lines (or both) after this code in the console.c file then just press F12 in game to activate.
Code:
void ExecuteConsole()
{
ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
if (!bSeaActive) ref lcn = &Locations[FindLocation(pchar.location)];
ref ch;
int i;
int limit;

Ok I have put the GiveModel2Player("Cutler_Beckett",true); thing in. So all I do in the game is press F12 and I shall become Cutler Becket?

Yep and if your playing Jack Sparrow's storyline all you have to do is PChar.Flags.Personal = 3; // PB: EITC Flag and your PERSONAL FLAG becomes the EITC flag.

Why didnt you try it first btw? :shrug

Huh. I haven't become Cutler Beckett. It doesn't work.

You can't edit the Jack Sparrow Storyline though. :?

And when I fire cannons on the HMS Endeavour only 2 or 1 of them fire. :(

Yes you can you cant edit it at the start but when you start you can edit it through the console :yes

Doing the quest though will change things though

If you change the files for the storyline as soon as you start Jack Sparrow it gives you a different ship and character model. Once your in game you can use the console to do it

Yes but what I am saying is that the console does not work.

I'm not doing the Jack Sparrow quest I have started on the Jack Aubrey quest but have changed the year to 1753.

Ah so your in the proper age then ;)

Ok load up the file PROGRAM/Storyline/JackAubrey.c
It looks like this:
Code:
	sl.(sn).start.location = "Eleuthera_Port";
sl.(sn).start.port = "Eleuthera_Port";
sl.(sn).start.model = "Aubrey";           //Cutler_Beckett
sl.(sn).start.name = "Jack";              //Cutler
sl.(sn).start.lastname = "Aubrey";        //Beckett
sl.(sn).start.nation = ENGLAND;
sl.(sn).start.playertype = PLAYER_TYPE_MILITARY;
sl.(sn).start.difficulty = DIFFICULTY_JOURNEYMAN;
sl.(sn).start.Flags.Pirate = 1;
sl.(sn).start.Flags.Personal = 0;         //3
sl.(sn).start.ship = "Surprise";          //Endeavour
sl.(sn).start.shipname = "HMS Surprise";  //HMS Endeavour
Change the lines to the ones after the back slashes SAVE and start a new game using JackAubrey

Back