• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm Edgar Attwood not added to Passenger List after Hiring

salonikasurf

Freebooter
Storm Modder
Yes this is still happening for Edgar Attwood - Leadership is 1 yet he has a special cup and a diamond plus all the books. Sailing is 1 -1 and he has the best compass and chronometer.
He also is not put in your passenger list if you already have three officers active. Same as Fred Bob used to be.

Not added to the passenger list AT ALL???
You have a save just prior to boring him?

I have a save game in the tavern with Danielle.
Note that when Blaze is in Jail he still has his weapons. Not a major as the dialogues don't give you a chance to do anything with them just a bit weird.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Jamaica.7z
    599.1 KB · Views: 117
I need to remember to check this problem and fix it as required.

Yes this is still happening for Edgar Attwood - Leadership is 1 yet he has a special cup and a diamond plus all the books. Sailing is 1 -1 and he has the best compass and chronometer.
He also is not put in your passenger list if you already have three officers active. Same as Fred Bob used to be.
That's odd. From "quests_side.c":
Code:
SetOfficersIndex(Pchar, 3, GetCharacterIndex("Edgar Attwood")); // NK was -1
So regardless of how many officers you already have, Attwood ought to force himself into your number 3 slot, displacing any officer who was already there.

My solution to this problem for Fred Bob was to use 'AddPassenger' instead of 'SetOfficersIndex', which means he goes into your "Passengers" list but isn't assigned as an active companion. You can then assign him yourself. Several other quest officers, e.g. Rys Bloom and Jaoquin de Masse, already do this, which is where I got the idea.

Note that when Blaze is in Jail he still has his weapons. Not a major as the dialogues don't give you a chance to do anything with them just a bit weird.
The code to deal with that can probably be copied from "Hornblower", who also used to be allowed to wander around carrying his weapons while a prisoner of war, until this was done to him:
Code:
       RemoveCharacterEquip(pchar, BLADE_ITEM_TYPE);
       RemoveCharacterEquip(pchar, GUN_ITEM_TYPE);
       if (!CheckCharacterItem(pchar, "pistolrock")) GiveItem2Character(pchar, "pistolrock");
       EquipCharacterByItem(pchar, "bladeX4");
       EquipCharacterByItem(pchar, "pistolrock");
       EnableEquip(pchar, BLADE_ITEM_TYPE, false);
       EnableEquip(pchar, GUN_ITEM_TYPE, false);
That disarms him, "arms" him with his fists and a cobblestone which he is assumed to have found lying around if he didn't already have one, then prevents him from re-equipping himself.

I loaded your savegame and went through the whole jail scene.
After meeting up with Edgar in port, I told him to join my crew.
He went into one of my active officer slots AND went into my Passengers list.

So "Cannot Confirm", I'm afraid. :confused:

As for the "still have weapons in jail", indeed we could fix that, but it last for so short a time and you can't do anything with them anyway that I'm not sure if it is worth the effort.
You'd be welcome to apply @Grey Roger's suggested fix though, which should work fine. :yes

Back