• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Editing Ship Encounters

Glovefry

Landlubber
Hello everyone,

First of all I am eternally grateful to the developers of the New Horizons Mod. It is an absolute joy to play.

I hope you could maybe help me with something. I have been wanting to increase the chance that certain ships appear. I have been editing in the Ship Init, increasing the overall chance a ship could appear in a period and the chance the ship will occur among the nations. Thusfar I have not seen the changes take effect. Do I need to start a new game for this?

Kind Regards and thank you in advance

First of all I am eternally grateful to the developers of the New Horizons Mod. It is an absolute joy to play.
Thank you for the kind words!
You're very welcome. :doff

I hope you could maybe help me with something. I have been wanting to increase the chance that certain ships appear. I have been editing in the Ship Init, increasing the overall chance a ship could appear in a period and the chance the ship will occur among the nations. Thusfar I have not seen the changes take effect. Do I need to start a new game for this?
You definitely have to press F11 to reinitialize your ships_init.c changes.
Normally they're loaded once at the start of a new game and then stored in the savegame.

Look also at PROGRAM\Encounters\Encounters_init.c .
For WorldMap/DirectSail fleets, the game FIRST selects one of those encounter types and THEN searches for ships fitting those Tier and Nation limitations.

This is especially relevant if you want more large ships to appear; or if you want pirates to use larger ships.

Back