1. Dismiss Notice
  2. GOG.com logo

Thanks to YOUR votes, GOG.com now sells:
    - Sea Dogs - Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales
    - Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships

Vote now to add Pirates of the Caribbean to the list!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Under the Crossbones Podcast

A Pirate Podcast with Interviews
    Music, Comedy and all things Pirate!

- Episode Guide - About - Subscribe -
    - Twitter - Facebook - iTunes - Android -
    - Youtube - Fill the Coffers -

Dismiss Notice
  4. New Horizons logo

Quick links for PotC: New Horizons
    - Download latest version
    - Wiki - FAQ - Report bugs here
    - ModDB profile

5. GOF logo

Quick links for AoP2: Gentlemen of Fortune 2
    - Downloads and info
    - Historical Immersion Supermod
    - ModDB Profile

Dismiss Notice
New to the forum?
Please take a moment to read our Welcome Message and Forum Rules.

El Patron (Humberto Indigo Diaz)

Discussion in 'Other' started by Peter Blood, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Pieter Boelen

Pieter Boelen (Not So) Old Seadog Staff Member Administrator Storm Modder Hearts of Oak Donator

Maritime Research: Project Engineer (Analysis)
    3.5 is old. You need 4.

Peter Blood likes this.
  2. Grey Roger

Grey Roger Sea Dog Staff Member Storm Modder

"Ardent" is indeed a storyline, but you certainly won't find it in 3.5. As @Pieter Boelen says, you'll need Beta 4 to get that, along with other good stuff. Moreover, if you develop your storyline under version 3.5, it won't work under version 4, which means it probably won't go into any future build. Get version 4, make your story work with the up to date version, then it can be shared with other people. :D

I have some limited experience in modding but am also developing my first full storyline, namely "Ardent". But I'm quite happy to help with yours as well. So are other people round here - we may be pirates but we're all quite friendly. :rpirate

Pieter Boelen likes this.
  3. Peter Blood

Peter Blood Privateer

Student
    I will be sure to do that! I recently started playing the Nathaniel Hawke campaign again. WIll I still be able to load it?

4. Pieter Boelen

Pieter Boelen (Not So) Old Seadog Staff Member Administrator Storm Modder Hearts of Oak Donator

New game required and enforced.
    You may want to wait until next week, because there is a new version coming then.
    But you can at least look at Grey Roger's code, which is included in the ZIP attached here:
    Mod Release - Build 14 Beta 4 Internal WIP For Testing | PiratesAhoy!

5. Peter Blood

Peter Blood Privateer

Student
    I will be sure to do that. For now I will probably just mess around with the code so I'll know what to do once I get the next update downloaded.

6. Peter Blood

Peter Blood Privateer

Student
    Before starting my own storyline, I may try to work on finishing the currently unfinished Chevalier story, if no one is working on it.

7. Pieter Boelen

Before you touch that, it is CRUCIAL that you update to the latest Beta 4 WIP.

The original start of that storyline is now linked to selecting "Gambler" or "Rogue" on the Free Play storyline instead:
    New Horizons Free Play | PiratesAhoy!

The remainder of that storyline is now a generally available sidequest which is available in ALL storylines:
    Sinking The Vogelstruijs | PiratesAhoy!

So "Tales of a Chevalier" in its original form no longer exists at all and therefore it is also no longer "unfinished".

What IS still unfinished is the "Devlin Opera" storyline.

8. Peter Blood

Peter Blood Privateer

Student
    Yes. Of course. I will download it when the next beta comes out next week :yes

In terms of the Devlin Opera, how come there is only an option for Beatrice and not Blaze anymore? If I write it, should I write it as if it is from her perspective? Because I remember correctly, in previous builds if one did Beatrice, she would meet up with Blaze in Turks and vice versa. If I happened to choose a male character, like Blaze, will I also end up meeting my duplicate in Turks, or is it coded to meet Beatrice?

And, just out of curiosity, who's storyline was that originally? Wasn't it Thomas the Terror's? :checklist

9. Pieter Boelen

I don't want to have two unnecessary copies of the same quest code, unless they're notably different. That is because copied code is a pain to maintain.
    If there are to be a male and female choice, it is better to handle that either by allowing 100% freedom in model selection OR the way @Grey Roger has handled it in his storyline.

As it is, Blaze actually IS still available as a pre-defined Free Play character, but without an (unfinished) storyline of his own.

But as there are plenty of male characters with storylines anyway, I think it is fine to have the Devlin storyline ONLY from Beatrice's perspective.
    Certainly makes things simpler. :cheeky

Tales of a Chevalier was indeed his. :yes