• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Elizabeth Shaw quest stuck

Meerv

Landlubber
Hello there Pirates Ahoy forum, this is my first post here :p

I am doing the elizabeth shaw questline and I am in the part where I returned to grand cayman with elizabeth and after the governor told me to help with the defense, I fast traveled to my ship because i though i had to beat the flying dutchman. now i guess that was a mistake because after fighting the dutchman ( and killing almost all its crew xD) I returned to the governor because I couldnt sink it. The governor didnt have anything to tell me (just the usual governor stuff) so i searched a quest guide and got to know i had to meet davy jones crew once leaving the town hall.

and..... I dont have a save before leaving the town hall (damnit)

Can I do anything to solve this ?

also is it normal that i cannot talk to elizabeth at all in the whole questline?

Im running Build 14 v2.3

:ahoy matey!

It sounds like you have found the Wiki and read the walkthrough for this quest. Yes you do talk to Elizabeth. If you have not, then you have missed an important part of this quest. Have you talked to Davey Jones's crew and later played dice with him? If not, then who was the last person you talked to?

Save often and do not fast travel!!!

What I meant with not being able to talk to Elizabeth was that whenshe is following me around, I cannot walk up and talk to her at all.
I played dice with Davey Jones and then talked to Elizabeth.
Then I sailed to Cayman and the last one i talked to was the governor who told me to help with the defense. then i fast traveled to my ship.

I do save alot but i realised my mistake too late, so I have already overwritten all the saves -.-

Is there a way, like a command ( I have cheats deactivated...) to go back a step in the quest. Or some way to get to fight davy jones crew once you leave the townhall and then to talk to the crew in the port llike it says in the wiki?

AFAIK no to all of your questions. Once those old saves are deleted, that is it.

I will try just sailing away and ignoring the quest so I dont have to begin a new game :p

Exactly what stage were you in in the quest? I might be able to come up with a console command to re-start it. :yes

What more information do you need? since I already explained where I am in the quest.

The questbook's latest text on the quest is the one about going back to cayman to bring back elizabeth shaw. (it didnt update after talking to the governor)

Open PROGRAM\console.c and find:
Code:
void ExecuteConsole()
{
    ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
    if (!bSeaActive) ref lcn = &Locations[FindLocation(pchar.location)];
    ref ch;
    int i;
    int limit;
Below this, add:
Code:
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Edmund Christobel Shaw")].dialog.CurrentNode = "gov_6";
Load your savegame, press F12 and go to the Grand Cayman townhall.
When you talk to governor Edmund Christobel Shaw now, he should have some quest dialog and when you leave the townhall, the story should continue.

Strange that it didn't work on its own, but I'm glad to hear you managed to get through! :doff

Can i do the same command with a pirate hunting quest ? I have one to destroy a 22-gun brigantine called Virginia at aruba. i sailed there once but she wasnt alone, 2 other ships and i though i get a better oppurtinity later so i escaped. but when i return there she doesnt appear, so i guess she got destroyed by other ships.

this isnt as important, but if its no trouble for you, the command line for this would be really appreciated (either to respawn the ship or to just get to the line for the governor to have it completed)

I'm not familiar with the coding of the pirate hunting quests, I'm afraid. :(

Back