• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Emergency repairs?

anchoret

Landlubber
I don't get it , what does it do? I thought it would save you from sinking by repairing your ship to 10% (where it stops sinking i guess?) but i remember it not working so is it just me or this ability does nothing cause to save ships a have to use both the repairing abilities ??

Ahoy mate :aar

the name of that skill is admittedly a bit confusing.
Emergency Repairs is done passively by your crew once a day, and I think it happens at midnight. It will over days slowly improve your ships status, but it will not prevent it from sinking in an emergency situation.

There is a skill that does, though. This is Quick Repairs. Quick Repairs is an active skill, so you can select it once your out of combat or storm, and it will repair your ship immediately. It requires planks and sailcloth in your ship's hold though.

It's a good thing to have both skills, but in an emergency situation, it is quick repairs you want!

:ahoy!
Oooh so that's what it does.. So i guess it just speeds up the repairing done each day by adding some more repair hmm, fair enough. I still don't see like the importance of it but anyways. That would be cool though to have it do what i THOUGHT it actually did, like saving your ship from sinking if you are out of battle or storm however or in a battle too, but you can use it like once in a day..
It's a good thing to have both skills, but in an emergency situation, it is quick repairs you want!
I think emergency repairs is required for you to have quick repairs anyways but yes i had quick repairs to all captains to save captured or my ships ( i saved 2 or 3 ships like that) but i was like "i don't want to have to waste an ability point to this useless skill (emergency repairs)", so thats why i asked.

Out of context: I was thinking about the music in this game and i remember how much i liked one piece anime's soundtracks ( i guess not a few here know of this manga-anime series cause its about :pflag(yeah.. pirate flags lol)!) and how much a lot of them fitted for sailing adventures, battles and stuff, but in a more carefree-fun-(maybe too innocent for this game) way and i remembered someone making a pirates of the caribbean movie sound pack for the game and i thought one piece soundtracks might fit for it too. Or inspire you for the next game you are making :shrug(link of a playlist, not my channel)
.Heh that was it ,i might post it in a thread some day ,btw i'm not gonna be posting soon probably so don't expect an answer soon.

Very calming piece of music, no? :cheeky
It's fairly easy to add tracks of your own into the game. Convert them to OGG format, add them in the music folder and edit PROGRAM\sound\ALIAS\music_standard.c accordingly.

Emergency Repairs is done passively by your crew once a day, and I think it happens at midnight. It will over days slowly improve your ships status, but it will not prevent it from sinking in an emergency situation.
If that is indeed how it works now, then it has been changed. If it hasn't been changed, it needs to be activated from the command menu when your ship has less than 10% HP left. It won't activate on its own, you should find it in the command menu when the icon showing that your ship is sinking appears. Then the name should make sense and the ability work as expected. :onya

Cheers Baste,

now with you saying that, I admit I am not entirely sure.
I thought it works as I explained, because I thought that repairs done at midight come from that skill, because I don't know what else it shall come from.

I admit I rarely see one of my ships dropping below 10% HP, so I really can't say if emergency repair then is selectable or not.
According to the description of the skill, that shuld fit. It's just so that a skill that is only selectable on such rare occasion is easily forgotten at all. :8q

It's use is not that rare for me. :pirateraft

Emergency repair does not use resources and is good up to 10% of HP. It can be activated anytime by hitting "enter" and then "abilities" and the selecting its icon. It can be used as often as needed.

Quick repairs can only be used outside of combat and does use sailcloth and planks. It is activated in "abilities" also.
I try to give these abilities as soon as possible to myself and one officer because most surrendered ships are almost ready to sink.

If it hasn't been changed, it needs to be activated from the command menu when your ship has less than 10% HP left.
This must be it then! I'll check this out later then, nice to spot this one!

Very calming piece of music, no? :cheeky
It's fairly easy to add tracks of your own into the game. Convert them to OGG format, add them in the music folder and editPROGRAM\sound\ALIAS\music_standard.c accordingly.
Isn't it?xD and a lot more where that came from!! I might sometime give it a go and make my own music pack who knows...

PS: I thought the link would post the playlist and not just the first video so just in caaase someone wants to listen to more of these soundtracks he can click the youtube button at the video link and find a someones 50 track playlist at the related videos on the right.

I thought it works as I explained, because I thought that repairs done at midight come from that skill, because I don't know what else it shall come from.
It seems to simply come from the Repair skill (Repair is a skill, Emergency Repairs is an ability). :)
Code:
float GetSailRPD(ref _refCharacter) // ïðîöåíò ðåìîíòà ïàðóñîâ â äåíü
{
    int repairSkill = GetSummonSkillFromName(_refCharacter,SKILL_REPAIR);
    float damagePercent = 100.0 - GetSailPercent(_refCharacter);
    if(damagePercent==0.0) return 0.0;
    return repairSkill*10.0 / damagePercent;
}
float GetHullRPD(ref _refCharacter) // ïðîöåíò ðåìîíòà êîðïóñà â äåíü
{
    int repairSkill = GetSummonSkillFromName(_refCharacter,SKILL_REPAIR);
    float damagePercent = 100.0 - GetHullPercent(_refCharacter);