• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Emilio is not at Captain's Cabin

WeekendWarrior

The Jester
Quest Writer
Hearts of Oak Donator
You should look into this also @Bartolomeu o Portugues when you had the time.
At some point I got stucked and checked the walkthrough.
Kill Guards – Elting talks to you – transported to Captain’s cabin – player model change - Dierman talks to you – Queiroz talks to you

Transported to Governor’s Residence – QB Update

Talk to Montavez – transported to Captain’s cabin – give speech to officers - -->Emilio<-- talks to you - then Queiroz - then Dierman

Transported to Port - QB Update - Swimming in Port at night - Swim to the rear (stern) of ship with white hull - stay on this side of ship - Auto-climb ship side to deck – Transported to Ship deck – Fight Spanish Soldiers – Hurrah sound – Pirate talks to you – QB Update
He's not there.

Also i saw two Eltings on my character screen, i have two last names and i'm still mad at
losing Santiago. I mean, c'mon!

EDIT: Nope, i tried again from an earlier save but no, Emilio still doesn't show up.
I hate when this happens. I was so close to see the end of a perfect storyline without encountering major problems. Now i'm stuck. :confused:

Attachments

• -=Nysgh=- Kingdom of Granada Save.rar
    775 KB · Views: 72
  • Log files.rar
    8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
I checked the zip file (12th February) and RestoreOfficers(pchar.id); is removed and from @Talisman, this line was the problem. So, I still don't understand why the bug occurs...

Yes, i was checking with Talisman's posts, that might be it.
But i really don't know what to do? Where should i find the ZIP file including all the fixes?

Would be good to know if this does actually fix it for you. So please try and let us know. :doff

It did, for a while.
Now there's a problem with Ortega on deck.

He stands there and does nothing, which i assume should run (says so on the quest book)?

Well, i did. The earlier save i have is not changing anything. Ortega stands on the deck while the crew fights, vulnerable and with a different name. I guess he actually died the first time we made a duel.
The closest save that i can find is the one i've posted on another thread. And Elting is not equipping his sword there still, although i've saved him before, now it seems impossible after 20 tries. I think i'll just give it up.

And Elting is not equipping his sword there still, although i've saved him before
I also fixed this problem in my last update today (see the list of fixes thread).

If you want to, you can add the following lines in console.c:
Code:
            EquipCharacterByItem(characterFromID("Elting"), "Blade_ProudOfAnvil");
            EquipCharacterByItem(characterFromID("Elting"), "pistol2");

It worked. It did save my... well, save.
Thank you both, i think i've seen the end of it finally!

Great work, i must say. It's just amazing how you guys are capable of. An interesting and entertaining storyline.

All that's left is The Nightmare side-quest according to the walkthrough. I'll check it out too, soon.

And thanks to you for confirming that WITH these fixes, it does now work. :onya

Back