• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Empire Total war

JohnHamm

Landlubber
Storm Modder
SO does anyone think there is a remote possibility that we might be able to port in some of the models from Empire total war?

Don't forget, it's not entirely legal to use code/models etc from another game in use for another. Most of the time modders are allowed to do certain things without raising the ire of the developer or publisher of the game you're taking things from. Although if they did take action, it would be in their right to do so.

That being said, it would take a very talented modder and coder to port a model from another game and engine into another game. I won't say it's impossible but it's certainly not easy.

What format are the E:TW models in? Can they be converted to something editable?

ETW.jpg

Like that I think.

You guys REALLY should give a try to 3dRipperDX...
@OP: You are totally right... those models would not be able to make it into to the build... but posted separately maybe is a different matter...
BTW, speaking of such affairs, i think i've found the original modeller of that really high poly HMS Victory found some time ago... here is the link... Plus a neat little video of the model...

Their might be a modder made model viewer or model exporter, I don't know. It's been several months since I've played ETW, much less modded something for it.

I'm downloading a demo in steam and i'll see what can be done...
BTW: I did got the Yamato from Battlestations Pacific :cheeky not yet ingame but getting there...

I'm downloading a demo in steam and i'll see what can be done...
BTW: I did got the Yamato from Battlestations Pacific :cheeky not yet ingame but getting there...

AS far as myself being able to mod these ships in I'm not saying it is totally out of the question, I have made some mods for SH4 namely RUIM (Uniform and rank mod) but have not changed anything with the 3d models I can manipulate code though (but that is what most people can do) I have to admit that 3d model manipulation is a bit out of my range though I do have some experience with it in bridge commander, there I ported some models and added hard points to it, but I dare sya this would be a different undertaking. I was actually hoping someone else may have a better understanding of it than I.

You can never have too many coders...
I did got the demo, however it asks for and internet connection, wich i don't have permanently, maybe tonight i'll be able to capture some models...

You can never have too many coders...
I did got the demo, however it asks for and internet connection, wich i don't have permanently, maybe tonight i'll be able to capture some models...

Well let me know what you find out and I am certainly willing to see what I can do on my end. I didn't know for the demo you have to be connected, I have the full version and I had to connect the first time for activation but since then I have been able to play w/o a connection.

Back