• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

enchanted city quest

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
I stumbled across this quest tonight and am stumped.

Did the first part with the werewolf, talked to the bartender, and went to the beach.

There are 5 guards there and there is no way to beat them. If I stand and fight they chop me into chum in 1-2 seconds. If I take off running in the hope of picking them off one at a time they shoot me. Four shots kills me and again it only takes seconds.

I am at level 13 with average difficulty and this quest looks to be impossible.

Hylie,

You need GOOD fighters to accompany you.
This is the start one of a series of very hard quests interlinked with others.

Eh? I arrive on the beach alone. It is a 5 to 1 fight.

Sorry, you are right, I was thinking about the French Quest line #1 - "Shores of Le Marin" fight, which is very similar.

I did a save test point (I have over 450 specific quest saves at various points in the game in another folder), and you are absolutely correct, no fighters just you alone.

Three options really.
One, run around like a chicken with your head cut off , trying to take pistol pock shots as you can if you are not in hardcore mode.
Two, bottleneck the fight by being in the doorway of the wrecked ship (best option).
Three, turn on "god mode" as you cannot run away, but I think you might be able to get back on your ship however.

Akella coded this to be difficult.
In my game, 8 guards spawn, because I was level 28.
This mission does not get easier with skill, but progressively worse, similar to being chased down by bounty hunters.

So it is impossible then. I tried the doorway of the ship and that made it a 2 to 1 fight which I might have won if the ones behind them had not shot me down.

I will delete the saves for that and move on.

Actually there is a bottleneck where you can take them on one on one. the rocks forward of the ship. you will run out of energy so will need to disengage and run around while your energy comes back until you are ready to face them again. Quicksave F6 after killing each guy. its not impossible. ive beat them numerous times using that technique. sorry im typing on a phone so not my usual form. MK

MK,

Welcome back for the short note and good tip.
I forgot about the skinny passage on the other side of the ship, I used the wrecked ship as cover in my game.

Hylie,

Are you going to give the mission another try?

Sooner or later I will, but I see no great urgency in doing so. If a couple of grizzled veterans have a hard time there it will probably remain impossible for me.

Sooner or later I will, but I see no great urgency in doing so. If a couple of grizzled veterans have a hard time there it will probably remain impossible for me.

Ah, but the effort is worth your time as "buena fortuna" awaits in the form of the ship the Royale Brig Queen and Danielle Sheppard as an officer!

Last edited:
Back