• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Enemy Crew to high level during boarding

A.H

Privateer
Some more issues faced..

I recently upped my difficulty to Swashbuckler through the F1 options menu..
since then, any sea battle boarding I'm in is ridiculous.. 70% of my crewmen stand still without rushing towards enemy.. and enemy comes kill them while they are standing there.. my ship is 350 crew and enemy ship 50!
On top of that, the enemy crew HP is SIGNIFICANTLY increased.. compared to the usual HP encountered in adventurer difficulty.

Also another issue regarding nation relations.. the common character flag is not always chosen.. usually there is no flag chosen.. I have to click on Relations screen and manually choose the flag I want every 3 minutes... I think in error log it explains:

RUNTIME ERROR - file: locations\locations_loader.c; line: 815
missed attribute: location
RUNTIME ERROR - file: locations\locations_loader.c; line: 815
no rAP data
RUNTIME ERROR - file: sea_ai\AIShip.c; line: 90
invalid index 3 [size:3]
RUNTIME ERROR - file: sea_ai\AIShip.c; line: 90
function 'CreateFlagEnvironment' stack error

RUNTIME ERROR - file: seadogs.c; line: 713
Save - ARef to non existing attributes branch

EDIT: Just switched to Adventurer difficulty and on a boarding scene my 3 stooges kept standing in boarding while i killed off the incoming enemy crew... this time however the HP of the enemy crew was much less.. around 60-70 compared to 300-500 in previous difficulty
78.jpg

Attachments

• FreePlay.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Also another issue regarding nation relations.. the common character flag is not always chosen.. usually there is no flag chosen.. I have to click on Relations screen and manually choose the flag I want every 3 minutes... I think in error log it explains:
I'm not sure what you mean there....

What I meant is when you click on F2, Relations.. you get to choose a flag...
In this new update patch there seems to be an issue with no flag being chosen.. and even if you choose a flag.. after some minutes, the tick box under nation flags disappears and you have to re click on a chosen flag...

So for example as a spanish character, my flag is commonly supposed to be spain.. but every now & then the tick under spain flag is unticked by itself.. and I have to keep choosing flag all the time.

so basically I end up with no flag chosen.. and on my ship .. the flag raised is either my personal or pirate.. which is definately not what I chose.. i will try to catch a screenshot of the incident

Don't bother. Whatever is going on now, I'm rewriting all that stuff anyway so my game version is going to be too different from yours anyway.
Just bear with the weirdness for now; it'll get better soon.

No prob i'll keep playing to spot things that haven't been spotted :D

just for reference, you may be interested in this error log:

RUNTIME ERROR - file: characters\characters.c; line: 133
Cant create class: NPCharacter
RUNTIME ERROR - file: nations\nations.c; line: 831
float function return integer value

With regards to former problem of my crew standing still and not attacking.. I resolved it by moving on and saving new file then deleting that old one.. it seems whenever I reload that particular save file the same problem persists.. however making a new save in different circumstance changed everything; however I'll try to put swashbuckler difficulty again to check whether this problem arises from the difficulty level or not

just for reference, you may be interested in this error log:
The "Cant create class: NPCharacter" one has been reported a while ago and it is quite annoying, but I don't think it does any harm.
The "nations.c" one is probably already fixed on my side.

Some more issues faced..

I recently upped my difficulty to Swashbuckler through the F1 options menu..
since then, any sea battle boarding I'm in is ridiculous.. 70% of my crewmen stand still without rushing towards enemy.. and enemy comes kill them while they are standing there.. my ship is 350 crew and enemy ship 50!
On top of that, the enemy crew HP is SIGNIFICANTLY increased.. compared to the usual HP encountered in adventurer difficulty.

EDIT: Just switched to Adventurer difficulty and on a boarding scene my 3 stooges kept standing in boarding while i killed off the incoming enemy crew... this time however the HP of the enemy crew was much less.. around 60-70 compared to 300-500 in previous difficulty
View attachment 22057

This could be my fault ... or actually it's not really a fault but intentional.
You see I changed some of the parameters for the ships captain. But apparently the crew is scaled to the captain. A high tier ship will have a high level captain, so it will have a high level crew also.
So if you are still low level you should stay away from the large ships and try to attack smaller ones. If the smaller ones also have crew which is to high then let me know...

Well I just noticed that sashbuckler difficulty crew have 300-500 HP... while enemies in adventurer difficulty crew are 50-70.. which takes me 2-3 hits to kill.. comparing to swashbuckler difficulty.

But I'm still not sure exactly where that problem where my own crew are standing doing nothing came from.. it happened once but I don't know what triggered it.. there wasn't any error logs so it's a puzzle

Haven't heared anything so going to move this to the archive and list it as no bug.
I did reduce the captains level a littlebit.

Back