• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Enemy Health Bar

kevinwastaken

Landlubber
Storm Modder
I seem to have accidentally turned off the status bar for enemy ships and don't know how to reenable it. I haven't been able to find anywhere in the documentation how to turn it on or off...

I kind of like it being off as it adds an air of adventure to capturing enemy vessels but I'd like to know how to turn it back on.

<!--quoteo(post=337684:date=Jul 16 2009, 12:11 PM:name=Dread_Pirate)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dread_Pirate @ Jul 16 2009, 12:11 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=337684"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I seem to have accidentally turned off the status bar for enemy ships and don't know how to reenable it. I haven't been able to find anywhere in the documentation how to turn it on or off...

I kind of like it being off as it adds an air of adventure to capturing enemy vessels but I'd like to know how to turn it back on.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Its under options in the game menu! Check mark show ship health!

It doesn't work immediately, it only comes into effect in the next battle you enter, oddly enough.

That is weird, i thought I had fixed it but now it's gone again. I think this game has trouble remembering things. Who would have thought artificial alzheimers would precede AI.

<!--quoteo(post=337806:date=Jul 17 2009, 09:50 AM:name=Dread_Pirate)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dread_Pirate @ Jul 17 2009, 09:50 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=337806"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->That is weird, i thought I had fixed it but now it's gone again. I think this game has trouble remembering things. Who would have thought artificial alzheimers would precede AI.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hi, my first post here.

I have noticed that this game seems to have seperate "options" for the main menu, and for you profile. If you look in the SAVES directory, you'll see there is a options file in there as well.

I was confused with this at first as well. I'd take the time to set up my options at the menu, start a game, and half of them would be back to defaults.

What I did was set everything in the main menu how I wanted, and then started a game, and went in and set those up all over again. But I bet you could copy your options file from the game root directory into the saves subfolders over the other one.

Goodluck!

Thanks, that was a good idea that I hadn't thought of. What's weird though is that I uninstalled, reinstalled, and when I started a new game still had no health bar for ships. Wacky...

Anyway, I can live without it. I'll just be blowing the hell out of ships before boarding them. And continue sinking more than I capture. heh

Back