• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Engine Crash in COAS! Help please

Ivana

Powder Monkey
Hi, guys

I've been googling this problem but I have no idea what to do! My game crashes after I try to get off the ship in COAS where the tavern is. It's clearly not a spec's problem so can anyone please put a useful link or explane to me what do I do?

Are you using any mods?

If so which one(s)?

Have you modified any files yourself?

What OS are you running Vista, XP etc?

Are you running the game from the main directory or from a copy of the game out side of programs folder (only counts on operating systems new than XP)?

Are you using any mods?

If so which one(s)?

Have you modified any files yourself?

What OS are you running Vista, XP etc?

Are you running the game from the main directory or from a copy of the game out side of programs folder (only counts on operating systems new than XP)?

Ivana,

I believe you referring to the infamous storm bug error which happens with some nVidia video cards and Windows 7 went you enter CoAS.
The only solution I ever found to fix this problem is to disable the storms entirely for the duration of the visit to "The City of Abandoned Ships".
This problem only occurs when in first first/third person land, not in sailing mode.

If this is the case, I can assist you.
I this some other issue, as Luke stated you need to be more directly specific.

Ok!
I'm not usin any mods,
I have modified only engine.ini to enable cheating :wp

I am running on windows 7, 64 bit,

When I installed the game I choosed a custom install directory, mine is in D\Games\AOP2

So how do I disable the storms? :bounce

Thank you for replaying....

Ok!
I'm not usin any mods,
I have modified only engine.ini to enable cheating :wp

I am running on windows 7, 64 bit,

When I installed the game I choosed a custom install directory, mine is in D\Games\AOP2

So how do I disable the storms? :bounce

Thank you for replaying....

Since, I will assume I was correct and your are referring to when you entering the City of Abandoned Ships Quest and the game starts crashing as a result of Windows 7 X64, here is the solution.

Install this modified game script file in your game directory, specifically program/quests.
This will disable the storms while in the City of Abandoned Ships, everything will be "clear skies" for the duration.

Make sure you backup your existing reaction_functions.c file, before installing this new version.
Load your game BEFORE you exited the world map when sailing directly to CoAS.

After and when you complete finally CoAS and escape, reinstall the original file in game as this can still effect storms in other parts of the game.

Attachments

• reaction_functions.c
    283.6 KB · Views: 340
Yes! The game runs smoothly all the time. The crashes start when I enter COAS.

Thank you for this. :bow

Back