• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Engine.exe crash after installing Post Build 12 mod

BazzaLB

Landlubber
Hi,

Its been quite a while since I played PoTC Build 12, but having seen the news on the Post mod, I decided to get back into it again.

I installed the Post mod, loaded a game, pressed "I", reset controls and everything seems fine, but the moment I try to transition into another area (be it ship, village, whatever) I get a crash during loading in engine.exe. I seem to remember something similar when i first installed Build 12 and having to modify the settings.h for a european version of PoTC (or something similar). I can't remember what I did last time or find the info.

I have been very vague , so apologies for that, but does anyone recognise this problem and have any ideas on what might fix this?

Thanks in advance.

You can't use old Build 12 savegames with the Post Build 12 mods. Start a new game. Does that work?

I waved good-bye somewhat teary eyed to my fleet of Man O' Wars and started a new game. Seem to be able to transition from town to port to ship no worries now...

Better get ready for the long haul..

Thanks for the reply.

Back