• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

engine.exe error. help!

I'm having trouble with a bug that has happened every time I have tried to play the game in the past few days. I don't know what brought it on, but every time I try to open a previously saved game, the screen is either frozen and my regular mouse appears, forcing me to escape or gives me an error message reading there was an error on enigne.exe. The full error report I get each time is as follows:
AppName: engine.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1 ModName: engine.exe
ModVer: 1.0.0.1 Offset: 000128bf

I had no problems with running the game before. It seemingly happened for no reason. The only thing that I can think of that is different is that I am on Redmond island. These problems only started occurring on Redmond island. They also seemed to happen after I tried to get back out of the dungeon. I have tried EVERYTHING that people have suggested on this and MANY other forums. I have even downloaded that Omega driver...thing....PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I am NOT a happy pirate..... :blah::

did you backup ya engine.exe as suggested in the readme build.rtf.
then try unpack that old engine.exe.

if not work ya just might need to `re-install` the hole lot.

tried it too.....
:blah:

did you backup ya engine.exe as suggested in the readme build.rtf.  
then try unpack that old engine.exe.  

....what??? I read over the readme thing and it didn't say anything helpful....I haven't installed any mods on my comp...*mumbles* xD: stupid stupid game....

It might be a corrupt file somewhere.
As you're not using the Build mod then I'm not sure how to get the logs from the game to find out which file is corrupt.

You could try reinstalling the game again over the current installation, as long as your saved games haven't been corrupted then they could still work. If that doesn't work then the only other option is to uninstall the game and do a clean installation.

AppName: engine.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1 ModName: engine.exe
ModVer: 1.0.0.1 Offset: 000128bf

ModVer: 1.0.0.1 <-- this is why I asumed you had a mod installed ....
but if you dont ..... I suggest you `re-install` the whole game...
and backup your saves ...... in a clean PotC you can use them again if they are NOT corrupted......

good luck.
xD:

Back