• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Engine load intro doesn't

matt hall

Landlubber
Hi
i have a problem get the game to start after i installed build mod b14_b1_p7_light the game loads the logo and then the storm engine
but after that nothing happens the intro doesnt load can anybody pls help me.

main folder

documentation, modules,
pc uninstall, program,
resource, save,
b14_b1_p7, build info,
config, drv.mgt.dll,
engine config, engine,
options, readme,
secdrv,

Did you follow the installation instructions as per this post? http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/15382-build-14-beta-1/page__view__findpost__p__410854
Did you install to Program Files or not?

Did you follow the installation instructions as per this post? http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/15382-build-14-beta-1/page__view__findpost__p__410854
Did you install to Program Files or not?
I installed it to c:/Bethesda Softworks/Pirates of the Caribbean witch is the path the game already follows. (Main folder)
i did the followin to install it:
loaded the icon on the downloaded file an then a box appeard (install to) the path wanted to install it into my documents so
i change it to my main game folder it then extracted.
I think i follow the instructions but dont understand wot u mean by readme.bat is that the setup program.

Rename.bat appears in your main game folder; you just have to double-click on it.

However, please have a look at these notes:
Installation and Gameplay Tips:
- If you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, DON'T install the game to Program Files; security measures tend to prevent the modpack from installing correctly
Install to, for example, C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean instead

- Check out the controls in Documentation\Default Key Assignments.txt
- !!!SAVE OFTEN!!!

The game tends not to work if:
- You have an Intel Onboard Graphics Card [workaround with Swiftshader Software Rendering, included as option in the installation package]
- You use ffdshow and don't have the game added to your "exception list"

Rename.bat appears in your main game folder; you just have to double-click on it.

However, please have a look at these notes:
Installation and Gameplay Tips:
- If you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, DON'T install the game to Program Files; security measures tend to prevent the modpack from installing correctly
Install to, for example, C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean instead

- Check out the controls in Documentation\Default Key Assignments.txt
- !!!SAVE OFTEN!!!

The game tends not to work if:
- You have an Intel Onboard Graphics Card [workaround with Swiftshader Software Rendering, included as option in the installation package]
- You use ffdshow and don't have the game added to your "exception list"

im on xp so the first section shouldn't count
using nvid grafics card geforce 7300 gt chip type g73
there is no rename.bat file not in main game folder.

It counts for XP Service Pack 2 as well; recommended to just plain don't install to Program Files ever, even though that IS the default folder.
If you did install there, just move the folder elsewhere and THEN install the modpack.
RunMe.bat is run by the Beta 1 Full installer. Rename.bat only appears after installing Patch 7.

Yes, make sure you install outside of Program Files! This might also be a Codec problem, does the stock game run ok without any mods?

There are known issues with certain audio and video codecs that will cause problems when starting the game. If you are having issues that you are not able to pin down to the game it's self or your hardware, it may very well be an audio or video codec that you have installed on your system that is causing the problem. Badly written codecs can play havoc with even the best systems, and some even prevent Windows it's self from functioning properly.

An easy way to disable your codecs without uninstalling them is to use a handy little program called InstalledCodec. It will give you a complete list of every codec installed on your system and allow you to disable them to try and track down the offending codec. This program is free, and you can download it from this link : http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/installed_codec.html

After you have found the codec that is preventing the game from running, you can easily go back in and re-enable all of your other well behaved codecs.

It counts for XP Service Pack 2 as well; recommended to just plain don't install to Program Files ever, even though that IS the default folder.
If you did install there, just move the folder elsewhere and THEN install the modpack.
RunMe.bat is run by the Beta 1 Full installer. Rename.bat only appears after installing Patch 7.
Ok have done all u have suggested moved the game out of program files and have then reinstalled the patch
no effect
then uninstalled and reinstalled out side of program files and again installed patch.
no effect
downloaded and tested both vid and sound with the software suggested by thadarr.
no effect
i get the impresstion from that it doesn't work after the patch is installed that
i could be that it 1 of the over written files has something wrong with it.
lol could be wrong thow not an expert

Please "Enable Error Logging":
- Open "engine.ini" in your main game folder.
- Find the "debuginfo = 0" line and change it to "debuginfo = 1".
- Find the "runtimelog = 0" line and change it to "runtimelog = 1".
- Find the "tracefilesoff = 1" line and change it to "tracefilesoff = 0".
- Start the game and wait until the error occurs.
- Now find compile.log, system.log and the possible error.log in your main game folder.
- Post their contents here
It should look like this:
Code:
tracefilesoff = 0
[script]
debuginfo = 1
codefiles = 0
runtimelog = 1

modules path = modules\
full_screen = 1
screen_x = 800
screen_y = 600
lockable_back_buffer = 0
screen_bpp = D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8
texture_degradation = 0
;controls = pc_controls
controls = pcs_controls
program_directory = PROGRAM
run = seadogs.c
show_fps = 0
safe_render = 1
texture_log = 0
geometry_log = 0
;offclass = soundservice
mem_profile = memory.mp
startFontIniFile = resource\ini\fonts.ini
font = interface_normal
numoftips = 0
tracefilesoff = 0

[script]
debuginfo = 1
codefiles = 0
runtimelog = 1
;tracefiles = 0

COMPILE ERROR - file: seadogs.c; line: 34
can't load file: sound\alias.c

system.log
Scanning modules\
Loading modules...
Loaded 0
Reset...
Initializing CORE...
Creating atoms space: 128
done
initializing complete
User Rised Exception
C:\PROJECTS\DRIVE_V2\ENGINE\SOURCES\Core.cpp line 526
fail to create program

found this in main folder

That's not good. In your main game folder is a folder called "PROGRAM". Open the "sound" folder in there and check if there is an "alias.c" file in there.
You did install Build 14 Beta 1 Full before installing Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 7 Full, right?

Alternatively, is there a PROGRAM_new folder in your main game folder by any chance?

That's not good. In your main game folder is a folder called "PROGRAM". Open the "sound" folder in there and check if there is an "alias.c" file in there.
You did install Build 14 Beta 1 Full before installing Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 7 Full, right?

Alternatively, is there a PROGRAM_new folder in your main game folder by any chance?
there wasnt an alias.c file so i checked the download load logs
and there was an error when downloading
missing data alias.c so am going to download it again and see
wether that helps do u think i sould uninstall everthing and start from scratch
befor i install the newly downloaded file.

It can't hurt to do so, that's for sure. Though you can try installing again after redownloading first and if that doesn't work, then reinstall.
When you do reinstall, do so outside the Program Files folder; that always helps. :yes

It can't hurt to do so, that's for sure. Though you can try installing again after redownloading first and if that doesn't work, then reinstall.
When you do reinstall, do so outside the Program Files folder; that always helps. :yes
ok did that an worked when i install 2010_01_20_b14_beta1_full
but then an this is the good bit installed the next 1 b14_b1_p7_light and

Runtime error!

program: D:\1\bethesda softworks\pirates of the carbbean\ENGINE.EXE

abnormal program termination

system log

Scanning modules\
Loading modules...
Loaded 0
Reset...
Initializing CORE...
Creating atoms space: 128
done
initializing complete
User Rised Exception
C:\PROJECTS\DRIVE_V2\ENGINE\SOURCES\Core.cpp line 526
fail to create program

check all paths and install tips ect

soz to keep buging u with this

You should install Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 7 FULL on top of Build 14 Beta 1 Full.
The Patch 7 LIGHT installer is to be installed on top of Patch 6, which you don't have.

Slow to load is probably because the engine is a bit dated and we're adding more and more; can't really do much about that, I'm afraid.

Graphic glitches? Is that in 3D sailing mode on the worldmap or on land? The weird effects that were there before in 3D sailing mode should be at least less with Patch 7 than with Patch 6.

Slow to load is probably because the engine is a bit dated and we're adding more and more; can't really do much about that, I'm afraid.

Graphic glitches? Is that in 3D sailing mode on the worldmap or on land? The weird effects that were there before in 3D sailing mode should be at least less with Patch 7 than with Patch 6.
it's on land and sailling mode not map always the same effect

Back