• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help engine stops working

Shooter

Landlubber
Im new on forum and im searching for help, i have Potc from lot of years but a week ago i decided to install it on my windows 7 to play just like old times, game worked perfectly for 4-5 days until yesterday because I installed build 13, it worked also fine, then i searched for the build 14 and installed it. it had low frame rate due to swiftshrader or something else so I re-installed build 14 ( did installation on my own due to miss of readme files). game worked well but when entering a door or using fast travel or going to sea, engine stops working...
unistalled the original game and reinstalled it 2-3 times, now engine crashes also while playing without mod...
I tried to use the config but when opened it says "error,engine.ini or options file missing"
i searched on old posts of the forum and found a few with similar problems but link to solution were broken
Thank you
Shooter
ps. i got build 14 beta 1 because was the only one aivaible by torrent.
sorry for my bad english, Im italian

Try to get the original game to work properly first. You had it working before, so it should be possible again.

See here for the latest Build downloads: http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons
Use these installation instructions:
CRUCIAL INSTALLATION TIPS:

1. You MUST install this on top of the unmodified stock game
Pirates of the Caribbean, released in 2003 by Akella.
The mod is NOT a standalone game!

2. You MUST install Build 14 Beta 2.1 Full first!!!
3. Allow the installer to run RunMe.bat upon completion
- DON'T install the game to Program Files,
otherwise Windows prevents it from installing correctly
Install to, for example, C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean

Well since this is an old game set it to play in Windows XP mode. New OS and old games are always problems And because of this I will hold on to XP as long as possible

Back