• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Confirmed Bug English Bark: Crew Head Stuck in Deck

Out_of_rum

Sailor Apprentice
i noticed a very small graphic detail about the crew walking on the deck in first person mode during naval combat. Im not sure if it can be fixed, but i just thought i would post a screenshot of it. It is from a english bark, i don´t know if it happens with other ships as well, but the visible crew members seem to get stuck there sometimes.

Attachments

• ENGINE 2019-12-29 01-02-31-87.jpg
    ENGINE 2019-12-29 01-02-31-87.jpg
    517.4 KB · Views: 226
Last edited by a moderator:
Probably something wrong with the ship walk file.
If it's a non-vanilla game model, that would be likely.
And I believe that might be an Age of Pirates ship.

The "English Bark" is "yacht1" and "yacht2", which are from the stock PoTC game. It also refers to "Barque4_47", a mod-added ship which is a retextured version of one of the "yacht" models with different stats in "Ships_init.c". Looking at that screenshot, the plain dark wood bar over the door plus the yellow lamp indicate that the ship seen here is "Barque4_47".

So I started a FreePlay game and gave myself "Barque4_47", then went onto the deck and watched the crew. They sometimes walked to that door, which is down a few stairs, but never beyond the door as shown in that screenshot.

@Out_of_rum: could you upload your version of "PROGRAM\SEA_AI\walk\YACHT2_walk.c", please? Then I can compare it to the version which I have.

Strange. That's exactly the same as the one I have - perhaps not so strange, it should be the same. I've no idea why the sailors walk into the deck on your ship and not on my ship of the same type. :shrug

It should not make any difference, unless the storyline places someone in an odd position on the ship. As far as I can tell, it does not. And indeed, when I started "Assassin" and went to sea, the crew behaved the same way as I saw before - they'd walk to the door, turn round, sometimes stay there a while, but never continue back beyond the door.

Does this happen often in your game?

Confirmed: it happens in combat. The crew are placed differently in combat, compared to routine cruising. For one thing, they're placed next to cannons. This guy isn't by a cannon, though - there are two guns in the stern but he's too far forward, facing the wrong way, and there's only one of him.

The problem isn't the walk file, except perhaps in that he can't move from there because no walk path goes there - but then, crew at battle stations don't move around as it would look silly for the gunner to get up and go for a stroll in the middle of battle!

It's not the locators either. There's only one locator anywhere near there, and if I move it forward to be clear of the cabin, the errant sailor still appears stuck in the cabin.

So the next question is, where is the code which places sailors at battle stations?

Back