• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

english national line need help

riceless

Landlubber
hi.
so i started the character 'ian xxx' as an english merchant and got stuck in the game:
from the governor general at port royal i finished the mission which i hv to find 3 pirates and ask them to attack curacao. after that i did morgan's proposal to loot the gold from a spanish city. when i went back to port royal the governor general gave me another assignment to infltrate curacao and the note told me to 'interview the gutter scum' and i actually talked to every man in the town but no clues. i tried talking to ppl in taven, ppl walking around the town and inside every house (i thought 'gutter scum' means beggers but i cant find any in town in the afternoon/morning) even the moneylender or ppl in shipyard, any hints pls?

<!--quoteo(post=324129:date=Jun 1 2009, 05:06 AM:name=Valeriyan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Valeriyan @ Jun 1 2009, 05:06 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324129"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You spoke with the owner of tavern?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

yes, gave him $1000 but nth happens

<!--quoteo(post=324184:date=May 31 2009, 08:04 PM:name=riceless)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (riceless @ May 31 2009, 08:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324184"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=324129:date=Jun 1 2009, 05:06 AM:name=Valeriyan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Valeriyan @ Jun 1 2009, 05:06 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324129"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You spoke with the owner of tavern?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i think you need to talk to the moneylender and then he offers to sell you information for a lump of money. think that is what i had to do, tho i spent a good long while running around looking for bums and even trying to get into the prison because of the gutter snipe/scum thing in the quest log.

<!--quoteo(post=324187:date=Jun 1 2009, 07:21 AM:name=Cerebus23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cerebus23 @ Jun 1 2009, 07:21 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324187"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=324184:date=May 31 2009, 08:04 PM:name=riceless)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (riceless @ May 31 2009, 08:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324184"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=324129:date=Jun 1 2009, 05:06 AM:name=Valeriyan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Valeriyan @ Jun 1 2009, 05:06 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324129"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You spoke with the owner of tavern?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i think you need to talk to the moneylender and then he offers to sell you information for a lump of money. think that is what i had to do, tho i spent a good long while running around looking for bums and even trying to get into the prison because of the gutter snipe/scum thing in the quest log.
Dialogue with the owner of tavern "I want something to sell". He sells information about moneylender.

<!--quoteo(post=324212:date=Jun 1 2009, 03:25 PM:name=Valeriyan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Valeriyan @ Jun 1 2009, 03:25 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324212"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=324187:date=Jun 1 2009, 07:21 AM:name=Cerebus23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cerebus23 @ Jun 1 2009, 07:21 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324187"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=324184:date=May 31 2009, 08:04 PM:name=riceless)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (riceless @ May 31 2009, 08:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324184"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=324129:date=Jun 1 2009, 05:06 AM:name=Valeriyan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Valeriyan @ Jun 1 2009, 05:06 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324129"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You spoke with the owner of tavern?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Dialogue with the owner of tavern "I want something to sell". He sells information about moneylender.

ok i got it, i think is the dialogue with taven owner 'i have other business'...have to try many times to get it right
thx guys

Can you help me out with the quest for three pirates?? I asked but all three pirates refused to attack Curacao and i also need to visit some guy on Trinidad named "John Morris" but i cant find him anywhere?!?!?! Can somebody help??

<!--quoteo(post=324331:date=Jun 1 2009, 07:56 PM:name=kefalo84)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kefalo84 @ Jun 1 2009, 07:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324331"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Can you help me out with the quest for three pirates?? I asked but all three pirates refused to attack Curacao and i also need to visit some guy on Trinidad named "John Morris" but i cant find him anywhere?!?!?! Can somebody help??<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
All four pirate refuse. Morris in his residence. Then return to Mansfield.

Thanks man!!
***SPOILERS***

Ok, what do i do after i assault Fort Orange?? I reported back to Mansfield and i seem to cant get a new mission from him(no matter how much time passed). I think he said something about some woman that needs me or something like that but i couldn't make out what he meant by that?!?!
Also when i go back to Fort Orange Dutch still control it and i was supposed to capture it so i dont know if that was a raid only or what!?!?!

i assume the woman that needs you is isabella if you did that quest, after all the running around you do for the national line she is good and angry about all your time at sea, i been locked out the house numerous times by this point.

so goto san juan see your wife and hope for the best.

It was a raid. You can capture the towns only after end of the national line.
The story of Isabella is not a english national line.
Next mission "Captain privateer frigate Morris Williams"

i dunno all i did after, the governor said about going to see that woman that needs you is go see her and calm her down, spent a bit doing that and finding supplies for my ship and then going back and the rest of the line was open *shrug*.

Valeriyan thanks for all the help.

*SPOILERS*

What do i do after i arrest "Mansfield"? It seems that i can capture all dutch settlements but i cant get a new mission or anything from the new governor?!?

<!--quoteo(post=324683:date=Jun 3 2009, 02:45 AM:name=kefalo84)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kefalo84 @ Jun 3 2009, 02:45 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324683"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Valeriyan thanks for all the help.

*SPOILERS*

What do i do after i arrest "Mansfield"? It seems that i can capture all dutch settlements but i cant get a new mission or anything from the new governor?!?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Madiford, Of course. Arrest Madiford is the end of english line (12 quests). Return to the new governor Lynch in a month, get 2 000 000, knight's title and rank Admiral.

Back