• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Enjoying my game - but no mod installed.

Was a no-brainer really once I installed GOF1.2 - Horation Hornblower starting afresh.

It's a great game - and a real shame to see the forums so quiet. Roll on Hearts of Oak....

I love the mod already, but even though I have 'tactical battles' selected I seem to be getting a broadside reloaded every 45-50 seconds? Seems very quick, or no?

Thanks had a look. So is the primary difference between it and GOF that it has a 1725 cut-off? Does it require GOF to work? Also, what is PO:TEHO?

I installed GOF 1.2 last night, really like the look so far and the M&C sounds are a nice touch :)

It's a great game - and a real shame to see the forums so quiet. Roll on Hearts of Oak....

I love the mod already, but even though I have 'tactical battles' selected I seem to be getting a broadside reloaded every 45-50 seconds? Seems very quick, or no?

And is that very quick for a broadside? level 1 - no upskilling at all yet.

Thanks had a look. So is the primary difference between it and GOF that it has a 1725 cut-off?
I do believe he is doing a fair bit more than that! o_O

Does it require GOF to work?
It is to be a separate mod, though might have some GoF content in it, I think.

Also, what is PO:TEHO?
Pirates Odyssey: To Each His Own is a new game in this series that will be released later this year, as soon as the publishers are done with it.

And is that very quick for a broadside? level 1 - no upskilling at all yet.
I know 4lbs cannons in PotC have a 50 second reload time. So it might be possible, provided you have VERY low calibre guns.

Thanks Pieter

Yes - was a very general (and poor) description of ERAS :) But GOF has new weapons, ships skins etc - so wasn't sure what the main distinguishing feature was.

PO : TEHO - hadn't heard of that. Any good vibes coming out of it?

Yes - was a very general (and poor) description of ERAS :) But GOF has new weapons, ships skins etc - so wasn't sure what the main distinguishing feature was.
Look through that thread. MK posted LOTS of screenshots. All sorts of new items, character skins and ship models and detailed re-textures.

PO : TEHO - hadn't heard of that. Any good vibes coming out of it?
We've got hardly any details on it yet.

Ok thanks - well looking forward to getting into GOF 1.2 anyway. I kind of messed up my stock game yesterday anyway, i changed flag to pirate (the pirates still follow you?) so i lured three of them into a port, then changed my flag back. Me and the fort did quite a bit of damage, but after that ships were avoiding me when i was friendly, or not attacking me when i was enemy, just circling me on the world map. it was weird. i also attacked a dutch ship and in the sea battle it was a pitrate?? Is the flag settings buggy? Its a really cool feature - i hope not. or at least i hope GOF fixes it if it is :)

I wished I could tell you, but I played CoAS for just about five minutes total and haven't the foggiest. :facepalm

Back