• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Error Log: Rifleman Harper Character ID Missing

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
In "Chronicles of Horatio Hornblower", after a fight at Octopus Bay, Martinique, there was an error message:
"ERROR - Missing Character ID: Rifleman Harper"
missing_character.jpg

There did not seem to be any further problem and I was able to continue the game. Presumably Rifleman Harper was not critical to this mission.

This was playing Beta 3.2 WIP, from 23rd April.

Two saved games are attached, one from just before the battle and one from just after. Log files are from after the battle.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Martinique. Octopus Bay. October 28th, 1793 1.7z
    497.4 KB · Views: 119
  • -=Player=- Martinique. Octopus Bay. October 28th, 1793.7z
    492.2 KB · Views: 89
  • error.log.7z
    421 bytes · Views: 91
  • system.log.7z
    1.4 KB · Views: 92
You're absolutely correct. There is one reference in the code that reads "Rifleman Harper" but should have been "Patrick Harper".
This is only to make some characters walk around to their correct positions and doesn't do any harm in the quest progression.
But it is still wrong. Luckily also easily fixed. Thanks for catching it! :cheers

Thanks for the fix - where is it? I'm planning to get the latest version of WIP and play through "Hornblower" again, this time strictly following the story - no hiring officers, looting ships on the way, detouring etc. (Though if any female officer shows up in a tavern, I'll see if it is still possible to hire her, then reload saved game to not do so.) Bugs due to me wandering off and doing my own thing are my own fault, bugs which appear even though I'm being a good boy will be reported. :)

The fix will be included in the next update which will be here round the Weekend probably

Indeed it will be. It isn't a crucial bug and will make no difference to your current playthrough. :no

Back