• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Error starting New Horizons

ElMarcel

Landlubber
Hello community,
today I remembered my old game PotC and that there was this very good mod for it. So I installed the game and the mod files (2.1 full and 2.2 light).
I installed it to C:\Bethesda Softworks\Pirates of the Caribbean

When I tried to start the game an error ocurred.

This is the content of the error.log:
Code:
COMPILE ERROR - file: seadogs.c; line: 5
can't load file: sulan_shipslog.c

I am using Windows 7 (64 bit)

I hope someone can help me. Thanks

Hm there were 2 "PROGRAM" folders, one called simply "PROGRAM" and one "PROGRAM_new". "PROGRAM_new" contained the missing file and so I swapped the folder names. Now the game seems to start and there are the Intro Videos. Just after the videos and when loading the game (so even before entering the main menu) the game crashes. What could be the reason for that?

By the way, my graphic card (how is that called in english?) is a Geforce

:ahoy mate!

This is strange. I have recently made 2 new beta 2.2 installs and have not seen this "program_new" folder. I do get a strange icon on my desktop called "new application" or something like that. I delete it.
Try installing POTC in C:\ POTC 2.2 by creating a new folder. If you can, go into options and set that before trying to play the game.

Graphic card, video card, we understand. You should be good to go.

Strangely enough we do the same, namely delete that NApp on the bureau for remembering things (brainscience, sleep enables lessons to settle) ..wot izzit, effe checke, ahh! Config.exe. You can put the exact pixels from your screen in the 3.+4. line from engine.ini though, if former hasn't the appropriate values.

Then install anew i would suggest in the next partition following C:\Windows, for instance take the Install Wizard's line and change it there. Look likes F:\PotC. All further mods ask you and there you click on workplace -> F:\ and then PotC. The OK button will be switched on and go. T'da. Enjoy from the very start, begins with allocating the knobs and buttons -try the mouse on left side!-) and also Advanced Settings.

Hylie, do you happen to know where the personal console-sorted file may be? would like to brag a bit about it. And hark, here comes the retort: a cauldron of rocking water, ghehe, Chateau de la Tap.

Did you allow "RunMe.bat" to run at the end of the installation? I think that's supposed to move the relevant files out of PROGRAM_NEW and then delete the folder.
If you didn't run it, it should still be in your POTC folder.

Console-sorted file? I'm not understanding what that might be. Personally I avoid the console if at all possible. Many installs have died when I start using it on them.

Might that be Console.c in the PROGRAM folder?

Nuh, that monster is more of an odd cod from sunken Atlantis i should say. Or a Chinese Firedrill for all me knows. Can you confirm for us that 3D-Sailing opens that cute lil map? ya? then here is a hatful of console under control; and get the mouse on the left side, you plonky haven tourists. Someone a num7 potion? get it afloat then. Cheers

Attachments

• CapmSpark.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 189
I think I found the problem. I just reinstalled the game and tried to play it without the mod. I enter the main menu but when I click on "star a new game" the game crashes and I get an error message that tells me that "ENGINE does not work any more".
I do not know what could be the reason for this but I'll have to solve this problem first...

Ah. First, where exactly is it installed? Next, what is your graphics card? Finally, try entering options first and setting them, then try to start a new game.

Our curmudgeon has it sussed, you have to set all options first, for one thing to make sure you wouldn't want to do that later and risk the game go out of the rudder -from what we've learned can this on rare occasion happen at Advanced Option, methinks- and only then appears that new-fangled My Application gimmick. There one finds the easiest way of cranking up to 16-Bit colours. Otherwise standard eight will run. Then like we said go to "engine.ini" for precise tuning. You might also put on Save Sound Mode.

The embellishments in New Horizon 2.2 are sheer fantastic. The computer pixies striking true colours.

GCMP, Gentlemen Classic Music Pack proves to be the very marvel. So, added an earlier save, a few tricks applied and hop we go.

Hello, I've just downloaded b14_beta2-1_full and there is the same problem as ElMarcel described. The game crashes after the intro videos, so I am not able to launch main menu. ( The installation folder is D:\GAMES\Pirates ) I was trying to change some options in ENGINIE.INI , but nothing changed. Also I corrected the name of program folder from "PROGRAM" to "PROGRAM_new". My graphics card is GeForce 9800GT. Windows 7 32bit. I set in ENGINIE.INI:
debuginfo = 1
codefiles = 0
runtimelog = 1 , but error.log does not exists in game folder.
Compatability Administrator32 did't help.
The original Pirates of the Caribbean Game is working ok. Nero Burning Rom is deinstalled. What do yu think can cause that problem?
*sorry for my English.

:ahoy

Have you read post number 5 in this thread? Do you still have a runme.bat in your POTC folder?

:ahoy

Have you read post number 5 in this thread? Do you still have a runme.bat in your POTC folder?
I don't have this file now. Allowed it to run and then it was removed. Now i am trying to use Compatability Administrator32, but it still hasn't worked(
Maybe it will be better for me to install another mod version or path from PotC mod team?

Hmm. I'm going to guess that messing with program_new is your problem. Delete that install and re-install in the same place.

Back